Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exercising in Room-need help!

ronki23

Firstly I train 3x a week

Because my gym sucks as it is (no barbells or squat rack) and gets busy after 10 AM, and because I have an irregular sleeping pattern from being a student, I have decided to exercise in my room.

So far I do this:

Horse riding stance or kiba-dachi. In this stance my arms are at my hips but I bring them together in front of me/at head level (as if i'm strangling my opponent who's taller than me)- one rep is bringing the arms from there back and supinating them. It's supposed to strengthen legs,arms and back

Wall squat- immediately after horse stance I do a wall squat

50 push ups. I can't do 50 in a row so I stay until I do 50. I start with fist push ups and do as many as I can. I then do normal ones to failure (if I can't do normal ones, I do some with my legs wide-it's harder than with knees on ground.

50 Tricep dips I do these between two chairs.Again, I can't do 50 in a row

1 giant set: punch sit ups, bicycle crunch, oblique twist, leg raise, knee tuck, sit up, crunch, dorsal raises and finish off with a plank.

I can finally do 20 fist push ups but struggle to to finger push ups. I guess practice makes perfect? I want to move onto finger push ups and then start taking fingers away and start using one arm for full push ups when I can do 2 finger push ups with both arms.

Because I live in a rented flat, chin up bars are a no-no. I was told the dips would help with chin up strength in the long run (I can't even do one, even after months of weight training with lat pulldowns and barbell rows so idk how dips will help). I was told dips,because they're antagonists, would help.

Bodyweight squats are way too easy hence the static squats. I was told the exercise I do with the arms also helps work the back and arms (I can see how the lats draw the arms back and you supinate).

I also have no room to attempt a handstand (which I can't do at all) or burpees.

When should I invest in new equipment? I really don't want to wake up stupidly early to get to the gym like I used to hence the reason i'm training at home (that and it's private).

I'm thinking of either:

a. A door gym

or

b. A 15kg weight plate where I can do overhead presses or rows or squats

This whole push-up progression is making me think I shouldn't buy new equipment just yet but I don't find it realistic being able to do one arm push ups in the next 2-3 months if i'm just getting good at fist push ups now.

I'm getting out of Uni in less than 4 months so hopefully I can do it with a proper diet and a proper barbell program then. Right now i'm stuck!

Horse riding stance or kiba-dachi. In this stance my arms are at my hips but I bring them together in front of me/at head level (as if i'm strangling my opponent who's taller than me)- one rep is bringing the arms from there back and supinating them. It's supposed to strengthen legs,arms and back

Sounds like instructions for the Gangnam style dance. :)
Maybe I don't get it but it doesn't seem very useful.

I'm not a big fan of isometric work like wall squats or planks. I think bodyweight squats and lunges can be really good exercise. Do sets of 50 (all the way down) with short rests. You will feel it. Its also aerobic.

Finger pushups? Why? I think the most likely result is arthritis.

The rest looks ok.

I don't really understand your goals. For any goals to getting into better shape I would be looking at a bench that can move decline, flat, incline, into a seat and a dumbbell set to go with it. What are your goals?

I'm with the others here. None of this makes much sense to me and it seems like a waste. Why bother doing finger push-ups in the first place or fist push ups? They don't lead to a better push up result only injuries. The fingers weren't meant to support the weight of the body. All of these exercises your doing aren't going to lead to outstanding results just very minimal ones at best. Go get a gym membership at a real gym and start training. None of that shit you hook to a door is any good. They are just gimmicks like the bow flex or those ab belts that supposedly will give you a six pack while sitting on your ass. Trust me, no one who spends their time sitting on their ass is gonna get a six pack from doing it. You need to exercise religiously and diet. Hard work and dedication are the keys to achieving goals.

I'm with the others here. None of this makes much sense to me and it seems like a waste. Why bother doing finger push-ups in the first place or fist push ups? They don't lead to a better push up result only injuries. The fingers weren't meant to support the weight of the body. All of these exercises your doing aren't going to lead to outstanding results just very minimal ones at best. Go get a gym membership at a real gym and start training. None of that shit you hook to a door is any good. They are just gimmicks like the bow flex or those ab belts that supposedly will give you a six pack while sitting on your ass. Trust me, no one who spends their time sitting on their ass is gonna get a six pack from doing it. You need to exercise religiously and diet. Hard work and dedication are the keys to achieving goals.

I need to work my back; wouldn't a door gym help as it is basically a chin up bar?
Assume I should buy the weight plate then?

Sounds like instructions for the Gangnam style dance. :)
Maybe I don't get it but it doesn't seem very useful.

I'm not a big fan of isometric work like wall squats or planks. I think bodyweight squats and lunges can be really good exercise. Do sets of 50 (all the way down) with short rests. You will feel it. Its also aerobic.

Finger pushups? Why? I think the most likely result is arthritis.

The rest looks ok.
Bodyweight squats are way too easy, I can do over 50 and I don't like lunges as I can't feel them.

Assume I should buy the weight plate? What about door gym (I can't even do 1 chin up)

Bodyweight squats are way too easy, I can do over 50 and I don't like lunges as I can't feel them.

Assume I should buy the weight plate? What about door gym (I can't even do 1 chin up)

Get a back back and fill it with books.. then do lunges and squats

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using EliteFitness

10 Rounds For Time:
10 Pushups
10 Sit ups
10 Squats

For Time:
100 Jumping Jacks
75 Air Squats
50 Pushups
25 Burpees

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Rep Rounds For Time: