Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Enahncing size: do neglected legs inhibit upper body growth?

noobie

Well during my 6 day workout schedule, i only use one of those days for my upper legs (calves twice a week), and the other 5 for the rest of my body (different part everyday to avoid overtraining).

I have become somewhat disproportionate, being that i only work my lower body once a week, and my upper body the rest of the week. Im sure my leg training isn't up to par, so that may contribute to the disproportionment but thats not my question..

my question is, will I be in anyway restricted in the growth of my upper body if my legs are too underdeveloped?

I am planning on adopting a new leg routine, but in the meantime, i was curious about this

You absolutly will. I have noticed a large increase in the rate in which i am growing since i started beating the shit out of my legs. A tree needs a strong root system for it to grow strong as well. Working legs also causes your body to produce larger amounts of testosterone. Why do you think the really jacked guys all have large legs. You will learn to love it when you see the rest of your lifts climbing. Trust me.

Your body will only grow proportionately. So yes not working legs can hinder other body parts. I remember reading I forget where that by not working legs you decrease the efficiency of total body muscle growth by 20%...

It is like the guys that only go in and work chest and arms nothing else sure they tighten up a little but that is it it stops after a couple weeks...

yeah studies also show that working large muscle groups with compound movements(squads,,bench) also releases more of your body's natural GH. So work them quads and hams:D

Top Bottom