Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dj Eclipse's 5x5 Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

djeclipse

After being on this board for a while and talking to Madcow2 about it I think it's finally time to start my 5x5 program.

I have been working out for just over 2 month's now training one body part a week, adding in the major lifts like bench press, Dead lifts, Squats and standing military press. I have been making great gains with these lifts some lifts putting on 10-20lbs per week but my workouts are getting to be too long and getting to the gym 4 times a week is going to be quite hard in the future.

I am not taking any supplements or drugs, just eating everything in site and training hard. I have stayed the exact same weight during this time but I have seemed to replace body fat with actual muscle.

I am currently 188-190lbs depending on the day with a lot of body fat. My goal is to stay roughly the same weight but get rid of that body fat. I would like to stay this weight becasue I race motorcycles and with the bike I am riding being 20lbs lighter then the guy next to you makes a big difference.

Because of the gains I have been getting and am still getting on most of the lifts I will be doing the program a little different, I will be trying to keep adding weight at the same weight I have been on my lifts instead of taking time to build up to my maxes as my maxes seem to always be increasing. I know this won’t last forever but I want to take advantage of it for as long as I can.

I took time off last week and went in on Friday to see what my current maxes are for each lift. Here are my 5 rep maxes on the lifts I will be doing in this program. Next to it will be what I started with 10 weeks ago when I started working out with my old routine.

Squat 185 x 5,
My legs are by far my weakest part of my body. I really need to work on form with my squat ATF. (started with 155)

Bench press 185 x 4
(I am positive I could get this next time), up from 175 last week. (started at 95 x 5)

Bent over rows 150 x 5
Up from 145 x 6 last week. I do these 90 to the ground and this time with an underhand grip (palms facing forward). (Started these with 95lbs)

Dead Lift 305 x 5
Up 20lbs from last week (started with 245), This seems to be my best lift making gains 20lbs per week. I have to use straps though as my grip is really bad.

Military press 115 x 5
Up from 105 x 3 last week. (started at 80lbs x 5). Felt really strong with these, I don’t know why such a big jump in weight over last week.

The only "crutch" I use is straps for dead lift, I don't use any belt, wraps etc.

I was thinking of my Tuesday looking like this.

Squat
105 x 5
125 x 5
145 x 5
160 x 5
180 x 5

Bench
110 x 5
130 x 5
150 x 5
165 x 5
185 x 5 (if I don't get it I will drop down to 175 and work up form there).

BB rows
90 x 5
105 x 5
120 x
135 x 5
150 x 5

Weighted Hypers 2 sets

Weighted Sit ups 3 sets.

The goal is to have PR's for every lift on friday (except for the squat where I want to learn proper form before increasing weight).

This is the beginning of hopefully a successful journal, please feel free to add your comments, suggestions, or what ever, good or bad. let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Just say NO to making stupid alters, whether it's to flame people or to get around timeouts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom