Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

changing workout schedule for hs season

dEgeNeRaTe8211

well the high school soccer season is gonna be starting soon. i'm not sure how i should be working out during this time. i have practice every day during the week until like 5:30 or so. then i get home and have just enough time to do my homework, shower, and eat dinner before i'm so tired and hafta go to sleep. so do u guys think i should lift on the weekends...like saturday do lower body, and sunday do upper?? if i do that, then there is no rest days from working out. is that okay or would that be over working or somethin?? also, do most of u guys work out each muscle just once a week? that just doesnt seem like enough to me...right now i am working every muscle 2x a week.

When it comes to sports your only goal during the season is to maintain what you gained in the off season. Do that however you see fit but remember, try to keep what you worked for, not increase it. Your body is getting worked so much that its almost impossible to hit the weights hard consistenly and get gains, but im just going on a little football experience. After all, you play soccer.lmao

jk

I agree with muscledog.If you are talking about an in-season strength program, your number one priority should be size and strength maintenance while focusing on your sport.If you do some type of abbreviated routine, you may be able to progress a bit but, don't expect increases like what you experience during the off-season.Too much focus on the weights would just lead to overtraining right now.If you have the weekends free, use one day for a short, total body routine and the other day for rest and recuperation.Depending on how rigorous your practice sessions and games are, you might want to include a massage and sauna during your recovery day.
A sample routine that you might want to try would be:pick one exercise for the legs/hips,one for the back(preferably the low back),one for the shoulder girdle and one for the abs.These four muscle groups will hit the entire body.Just do a few sets per exercise, and if you want to add a little cardio;do the workout in circuit fashion.

Most training for size and strength come during the off-season cause it is too hard on your body to train that much... You will get sick and will actually decrease your performance. Right now you are training for sport related skills and speed so lifting weights won't help you that much there now will it!!!!!

Top Bottom