Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can only do a few pullups

Daernoth

I can only do 2-3 pullups, and even then probably not full pullups. That being said I have been improving in the past month, but not to where I'd like to be.

What are some other exercises that would help build strength needed to pull my body weight.

Daernoth said:
I can only do 2-3 pullups, and even then probably not full pullups. That being said I have been improving in the past month, but not to where I'd like to be.

What are some other exercises that would help build strength needed to pull my body weight.

I have had this problem aswell.. I used to not be able to do any.. I can probobly do quite a few now though.. seeing as how I have lost over 60 pounds and added strenght.. as soon as my arms arent so sore that I can move them.. I'll give it a shot...

Just make your back routine 10 sets of pullups until you can do 80 reps in 10 sets. Pullups are the best back exercise there is. Keep doing them. The numbers will come.

SofaGeorge said:
Just make your back routine 10 sets of pullups until you can do 80 reps in 10 sets. Pullups are the best back exercise there is. Keep doing them. The numbers will come.

Question for you Sofa...

Would assisted pullups be good? .. Not sure If I can get many.. but If I can't.. just a training partner just barely givin you some help to pump some out.. would that help?... because when I could only do a few back in august or so... before I even had my weights.. It never fully wore me out enough to make me sore, or feel anything.. I just wouldnt be able to pull myself up more than a few times..

Some people use jumpstretch bands to help them improve their pullups.

Others do negatives (hop up to the bar, slowly descend. Drop. Hop up again, slowly descend).

There are tips in this thread: can you do pullups?

makedah said:
Some people use jumpstretch bands to help them improve their pullups.

Others do negatives (hop up to the bar, slowly descend. Drop. Hop up again, slowly descend).

There are tips in this thread: can you do pullups?

Thanks alot makedah. Good meeting you aswell.. It has been quite some time since I have visited the training board (due to a far to long break due to fustration of a stop in weightloss from not changing my diet around)... Hope to learn more from you in the future.. and doubtfull, but maybe I can even teach you a thing or 2 ;)

Drunken_Weasel said:
Hope to learn more from you in the future.. and doubtfull, but maybe I can even teach you a thing or 2 ;)

My, aren't you a dear (either that or you're making fun of me)! :D I'm good at finding info - But I'm not the source of it. Think of me as a librarian rather than a teacher.

Welcome back!

makedah said:

My, aren't you a dear (either that or you're making fun of me)! :D I'm good at finding info - But I'm not the source of it. Think of me as a librarian rather than a teacher.

Welcome back!

Making fun of you? HA! the only people I make fun of are myself, and a few select male members of this board.. all deserving... I respect everyone untill I have a reason not to.

Drunken_Weasel said:

Question for you Sofa...

Would assisted pullups be good? ..

I'm not sure... but my gut says NO.

I trained with my wife for 2 years to get her to do a single pullup. This meant me assisting her and assisting her... and she wasn't making any progress. Then... we switched to me giving her a boost up... her hitting the negative... and me not helping. Within 2 months she was doing a pullup that way. Then I stopped helping her at all. She made fast progress with NO help... but never made any with help. When she finished she could do 12 wide grip behind the neck pullups.

SofaGeorge said:

I'm not sure... but my gut says NO.

I trained with my wife for 2 years to get her to do a single pullup. This meant me assisting her and assisting her... and she wasn't making any progress. Then... we switched to me giving her a boost up... her hitting the negative... and me not helping. Within 2 months she was doing a pullup that way. Then I stopped helping her at all. She made fast progress with NO help... but never made any with help. When she finished she could do 12 wide grip behind the neck pullups.

Alrighty then.. so since I can already do a few... I should just hit those mutliple times a weak for mutliple sets, and watch it increase?

Top Bottom