Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

achilles tendon problems...any solution?

herblcure

here is the deal - when I run I can go for 30 mins to 2 hrs (as long as I dont get bored) but the entire time I run it is strictly on my toes and ball of my foot - my heals never hit the ground and it becomes more like a spring effect when I touch the treadmill and bounce back up..

here is the problem - i hit calves hard and then run (as stated above) and now it seems as though my achilles tendon (left foot only) will never heal - it is to the point now that when I wake up I cannot bend my foot for atleast 20 mins (meaning I just lift up my entire leg and walk instead of walking where I would bend)

is there anything out there to help? due to this problem my cardio is down to nearly nothing and i am gaining some fat back...

thanks in advance

Take time off and let it heal. Stop exercises that target the calves.

Just time and healing. Some ice might help. 3 weeks.

I was almost about to ask if you've experienced any compartmental problems, but after re-reading the post, it doesn't sound quite like that. It sounds like you are getting enough calf work during running, so I would consider one or the other (running or calves). Does the Achilles Tendon seem to hurt more toward the lower insertion point?

Donnie Darko said:
I was almost about to ask if you've experienced any compartmental problems, but after re-reading the post, it doesn't sound quite like that. It sounds like you are getting enough calf work during running, so I would consider one or the other (running or calves). Does the Achilles Tendon seem to hurt more toward the lower insertion point?

If i had to tell you where the pain was most severe I would have to say that it is about three to four fingers above the heel of my foot. which also would be about one finger aboce where my ankle is (on my tendon though). Keep in mind, it is extremely sensitive to the touch (as I was touching it lightly to see where it was hurting the most)

I can do a hard heavy workout on my calves and be ok, but whenever I attempt to run or sometimes just walk and bend my foot it is painful.

possible heel lifts may help may not...but after you rest and ice...deep tissue massage and foam roller may also help

Be careful man...I just fully ruptured my Achilles back in December and I'm just starting to walk now with a walking boot. I went with the non-surgical treatment that's why I've been out of commission for a while but definitely don't do what I did. I abused my body for years and never truly took care of myself. I'd play through pain when I shouldn't have been. Time off...rest...ice...and then train the right muscles. Stretch stretch stretch!!

I have been dealing with this problem for a few years. Heel inserts have allowed me to run with less pain because the tendon doesn't stretch as much.

Top Bottom