Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

working on a new routine

yeah man I'd agree too it takes a bit to get used to the clean grip especially after not doing it for a while. When I randomly tried them a bit ago it killed my wrist too.

Cross grip is fine no real need for clean grip, although once you get used to clean grip its better

i've heard clean grip > cross grip. will prob see how clean goes the next few times and if i don't like it i'll switch to cross

Upper Body 1

Flat BB Bench
165x6 (failed 7th, form went to shit or i could have had it)
145x6 (wanted to be careful, no spotter, same with other sets)
135x8
115x8

Chinups- 3 sets

Incline DB Bench- 2 sets with 45s, 1 set with 35s, then did 2 sets of light cables while waiting for cable row

Cable Row (dont need to do BB and DB Row so i switched to this)
80 KG x 10
60 KG x 12
42.5 KG x don't remember

Front/Lat Raise Superset- 12 lbs/8 lbs x 8 each

finished with tris (CGBP/Pushdown superset) and standing DB Curls

Comments: Not bad, but was upset about bench. last bench session in my shitty ass YMCA... i really wanted 7 on 165. i think im going to go up to 175 next workout and goin for 5, and then i'll drop back to 135-155 for a few sessions. leaving for school on friday, can't fucking wait!!!

How can one grip be any better than the other, it's just a different way of supporting the bar. For Olympic lifters yeah maybe using the clean grip is more functional since they are training the front squat as an assistance to their clean and press. But for someone like you who is using it to strengthen their legs for squats and deadlifts there isn't any point in using the more uncomfortable grip...

How can one grip be any better than the other, it's just a different way of supporting the bar. For Olympic lifters yeah maybe using the clean grip is more functional since they are training the front squat as an assistance to their clean and press. But for someone like you who is using it to strengthen their legs for squats and deadlifts there isn't any point in using the more uncomfortable grip...

well yeah... it's probably because i was cleaning at the time when i was doing them. and if i was military pressing, i would probably even do clean grip, but since my shoulders aren't even in shape for that, you're probably right that a cross grip would be better.

Lower Body 1

Deadlift
275x1
315x1 (easy)
335x1 (easy)
355x1 (easy-medium)
380x1 (fail, got 1/3 up)

finished with leg press, hypers, calves, abs. i would estimate my 1RM is between 365-370, somewhere around where it used to be.

Comments: I was feeling really good/in the zone heading into 380, then a trainer comes up to me and tells me not to let the weights bang (they didn't fucking bang, i'm 100% sure i put them down nice and easy) and to put my shoes on. I tried to explain to her why i deadlift without shoes and how it really helps me, but she was adament about me putting my shoes on, so i listened. I've never had anyone tell me to do that before, but wasn't in the mood to argue. Not only did i have an audience of 20ish during my DL, but many of them also had something to say. Some of the bigger guys were saying stuff like "put some more plates on for me afterwards bro", probably to stroke their egos and make them seem strong when in reality, a 19 year old wearing a loose shirt that is unflattering is stronger than them. Some people said stuff like "dude, watch the weight when you put it down".... "please be quiet, i'm concentrating". I pride myself on having gym ettiquete, but these people at the stupid fucking YMCA are pissing me off. Growing up, I've tried to be mature in all of my encouters with people, but when one lady said to someone else, "these impolite teenagers are really getting on my nerves", i was about to go rip that old lady a new asshole and teach her the lesson of her life. However, I'm pretty good at keeping my cool so i just smiled at her (my headphones were on, but low) and proceeded to do my lift. so happy my last gym session at home is going to be tomorrow... off to college friday.

Last edited:
really nice, and nobody gives a shit if i'm deadlifting. DBs go up to 150 (i think), there aer 8 racks (i go to a small D3 school so they're usually only all taken when the football team or track team is lifting), and aa bunch of machines. can't wait to lift there on saturday.

YMCA's for the most part are like that. Makes me appreciate my gym...at the top of my single rep pulls I can scream, hold the bar for a while then drop it just to hear the thunder if I damn well please. Those that don't battle the deadlift do not have permission to speak on the matter, and those that do have the wisdom to keep their mouths shut and focus on their own weights.

tried out a new gym today with my friend, and while my workout wasn't great and the gym was pretty shitty, i'm gonna consider goin there cuz it's 20 bucks a month. did upper body 2 today.. not worth writing down the workout, but off to school tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! taking the day off, but hitting the gym on saturday. Starting Saturday for 1 entire week, I'm going to (hopefully) do fasted cardio every morning since i have no classes, and all i have to do is give 2-4 tours per day and do stuff for admissions. I am going to have 2-3 shakes per day, 1 or 2 protein bars, 1 pack of almonds, + whatever other food i have that i can eat since i can't get into the cafeteria. gonna hit up the farmers market for cheap fruits/veggies, and am also bringing some protein cereal (kashi). I'm also going to switch this week up to legs/shoulders -> back/bis -> chest/tris so that i can lift more frequently since i'll be bored out of my mind during the day. Leg work is going to be minimal because of the running (probably just 3-5 sets of squats and 3-5 sets or RDL and some calves). Since I'm sure my body will be fatigued from that, I'll probably take 2 days off and then resume my upper/lower split, but just more organized.

Top Bottom