Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why shouldnt private companies be able to discriminate however they choose? *debate from another board*

because our representatives feel that racist companies are detrimental to society, and don't want them in our country.

Re: Why shouldnt private companies be able to discriminate however they choose? *deba

Dial_tone said:
of which there are none....N-O-N-E.

What? You're saying there are no black colleges?

"ideally" this country should be a meritocracy.........like football, you don't perform, you don't play. Unfortunately..........we all don't start out on the same footing in this country. IF a kid in east L.A could be assured a reasonable education close to if not on par with every other kid in the country, than things would be different. But on this subject I must say this............we should be stationing the national guard at some public schools around the country. And not just at the school, but the surrounding neighborhoods. Because part of the problem resides with the culture that some of these kids grow up in. When you're raised in these conditions.........nobody makes it out unless "someone" gives them a break they wouldn't normally get.

redsamurai said:
"ideally" this country should be a meritocracy.........like football, you don't perform, you don't play. Unfortunately..........we all don't start out on the same footing in this country. IF a kid in east L.A could be assured a reasonable education close to if not on par with every other kid in the country, than things would be different. But on this subject I must say this............we should be stationing the national guard at some public schools around the country. And not just at the school, but the surrounding neighborhoods. Because part of the problem resides with the culture that some of these kids grow up in. When you're raised in these conditions.........nobody makes it out unless "someone" gives them a break they wouldn't normally get.

If I was a minority I would view that as an insult. To me, that would mean that I'm not capable of surviving in this world without someone taking care of me.

My grandpa grew up on a dirt floor with 5 brothers. His dad was blind from a coal mining accident and his mom died from an unknown cause. They all farmed for their food and boxed for pennies. All of them volunteered for WWll and every single one of them went to college and obtained graduate degrees, with absolutely no Government assistance (or GI bill).

You're right when you say it's a culture issue. But giving these people more handouts (breaks) is definitely not the answer.

army_stud said:
If I was a minority I would view that as an insult. To me, that would mean that I'm not capable of surviving in this world without someone taking care of me.

It's very evident that you're not a minority........else you would understand that it's not about "someone taking care of someone else", it's about a level playing field. That is the topic at hand..........no?

My grandpa grew up on a dirt floor with 5 brothers. His dad was blind from a coal mining accident and his mom died from an unknown cause. They all farmed for their food and boxed for pennies. All of them volunteered for WWll and every single one of them went to college and obtained graduate degrees, with absolutely no Government assistance (no GI bill).

You're right when you say it's a culture issue. But giving these people more handouts (breaks) is definitely not the answer.

A) The time you're speaking of is long past........it mineswell be a different world.

B) "handouts" are not at issue here............equality in opportunity is.

Coming from a long line of self-employment I have to say that any private company should be free to hire whomever they wish.

redsamurai said:
It's very evident that you're not a minority........else you would understand that it's not about "someone taking care of someone else", it's about a level playing field. That is the topic at hand..........no?

A) The time you're speaking of is long past........it mineswell be a different world.

B) "handouts" are not at issue here............equality in opportunity is.

Are you saying that as a white male, you have a greater opportunity at getting into college and getting a good job than a minority? Affirmitive Action has made the playing field very uneven for the white male.

Affitmitive Action does nothing but make minorities feel inadequate and piss a lot of white people off.

army_stud said:
Are you saying that as a white male, you have a greater opportunity at getting into college and getting a good job than a minority? Affirmitive Action has made the playing field very uneven for the white male.

Affitmitive Action does nothing but make minorities feel inadequate and piss a lot of white people off.

It's more who you know now..........if you're a white guy and don't know anybody, it doesn't matter how brilliant you are, you're going to struggle. Affirmitive action at least helps minorities get jobs because for the most part they're not going to know anyone. Yeah it's bullshit, everything should be a meritocracy. But my friend in california who's a masters in Econ, and a brilliant mother fuckin guy...........took over a year to find a job. And he's costa rican............but he looks white, I mean bald head goatee powerlifting white. It's only his name that gives away that he's of south american descent. Anyway, affirmitive actino apparently doesn't work too well unless you "look" the part. I would be lucky to have "half" the talent that this kid has, but I could find a better paying job than him because of my families connections. I actually tried to see if my ole man knew someone in L.A that could give this kid a break...........but he didn't know anyone in that field. It's a shitty world...................

Incidentally when I was married to my ex we were a small electrical contracting company. At the time we were in a recession in an attempt to put more non-union electrical contractors out of business the unions employed a tactic called *salting* (can't remember what that stood for now). Anyway we were looking to hire employees so they sent someone (who had no interest in the position, nor was he qualified to fill the position we were looking to fill) which we didn't hire. So the union went after us claiming that we discriminated. My ex (the pussy that he was) started to pee himself so he went to his big bad electrical contractors association that he hung out with once a month (to drink and trade stories about how best to fuck everyone and whatever else mundane useless bullshit they talked about in an attempt to get out of having to take care of their familial responsibilities that night) so they could actually help him out of this bullshit nightmare. You know the association lawyer told him?

*chuckle*

"Man, you are fucked. This'll cost you 'bout 10K if you get off cheap and 25K if it gets nasty."

So my ex starts peeing on himself with fear.

I was also just about to pop with our fourth kid in five years, took care of all the administrative work, housework and ALL of the children by myself.

MAN WAS I PISSED.

So I sat my ass down and started a campaign against the UNION FUCKERS that were trying to put us out of business with this UTTER BULLSHIT.

I did so just around the time our baby was born.

No lawyer, just ME.

To this day my ex seems to have forgotten how hard I busted MY ASS for our business (that I gave him ALL RIGHTS TO). But that's got nothing to do with the topic at hand....

Last time I checked this was the United States of America which meant that I was free to hire whomever I felt was the best qualified candidate for the job. I am FIERCE and UNCOMPROMISING when it comes to matters like this.

Re: Why shouldnt private companies be able to discriminate however they choose? *deba

army_stud said:
What? You're saying there are no black colleges?
read your post. You said 'all black colleges'. There are no ALL black colleges. Most predominately black colleges are more integrated than white schools.

Top Bottom