Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why shouldnt private companies be able to discriminate however they choose? *debate from another board*

-SD-

EXT ELITE ROB
Chairman Member
I ask this not because I think its right but because the question was posed on another board and I disagreed and someone posted this as reason why businesses should get to discriminate any way they choose:
"So you don't think private business or property owners should have the right to serve or rent to whoever they want? The fact that you're laughing is sad. You are so conditioned to having the gubbmint tell you what to do that the idea of deciding for yourself is laughable. If you want to discriminate against bald guys that should be your right. If it pisses enough people off, and it might, the marketplace would correct your foolishness. People will refuse to do business with you."

"Here's a little thought experiment for you, a risk I know. If black workers really do work harder and smarter for less money and business owner A refuses to hire any because he's a racist SOB while business owner B makes a point of hiring only black workers who, assuming they are in the same business, has a better chance of succeeding? Does this make what I say about the marketplace clearer?"

I actually agree.. in a free market.. the market should correct the disparity.

If a business wont hire minorities.. then minorities wont shop there and he is screwed..

in any case.. who are we to tell someone how they run their business...

The laws to protect minorities were put there when the market wouldn't have corrected itself.

Today they probably aren't needed so much, market would correct properly - most likely.

However - no politician would have the nuts to propose getting rid of laws that protect minorities. LMAO @ that.

Equal rights for all, special privileges for none.

Next time you fill out the EEO section on a job application, put you're two or more races or that you're African American (even if you're not). If they question it, tell them your great, great grandma was part black. It still helps them match their percentage quota and it gets back at the system.

army_stud said:

Next time you fill out the EEO section on a job application, put you're two or more races or that you're African American (even if you're not). If they question it, tell them your great, great grandma was part black. It still helps them match their percentage quota and it gets back at the system.

Ah.... Lie.

Good plan.

jh1 said:
Ah.... Lie.

Good plan.

Race is subjective. I'm 1/32 Native American, so technically I'm two or more races. Same for whites whose ancestry is from Africa, but they're white.

The only things that seperates the races are things like EEO, BET and all black colleges.

army_stud said:
Race is subjective. I'm 1/32 Native American, so technically I'm two or more races. Same for whites whose ancestry is from Africa, but they're white.

The only things that seperates the races are things like EEO, BET and all black colleges.

army_stud said:

Ah.... Lie.

Good plan.

I think that they should in a free market. You and I don't have a completely free market.

If the government would keep their f'ing hands off things, maybe we could approach a free market.

flat tax is the first step.

Top Bottom