Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why shouldnt private companies be able to discriminate however they choose? *debate from another board*

BIKINIMOM said:
Last time I checked this was the United States of America which meant that I was free to hire whomever I felt was the best qualified candidate for the job. I am FIERCE and UNCOMPROMISING when it comes to matters like this.

That was a perfect example of a country going too far left.

That's the problem in America, we can't hire the best person for the job. Same goes for freedom of expression in the workplace.

Re: Why shouldnt private companies be able to discriminate however they choose? *deba

Dial_tone said:
read your post. You said 'all black colleges'. There are no ALL black colleges. Most predominately black colleges are more integrated than white schools.

Look up some statistics on these schools

Dillard University, New Orleans, La. ---- 99.5% Black
Johnson C. Smith University, Charlotte, N.C ---- 99.9% Black
Southern University and A&M College, ---- 97.8% Black
Spelman College, Atlanta, Ga. ---- 97.8% Black
Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, ---- 97.9% Black

And many other smaller Universities that are 99.9% black.

You call this intergration? Show me a college that is even 95% all white.

Re: Why shouldnt private companies be able to discriminate however they choose? *deba

gjohnson5 said:
This scenario assumes
1. that the majority really gives a rats ass about what the minority thinks
2. there's enough of the minority to hurt the bottom line of the business owner

As we all know both are false...

I disagree.. I think theer are enough of the majority that wouldnt shop at a place that discriminated...especially in Southern California..

I wouldnt buy from a place that refused to hire blacks.

for all the people saying there are crappy schools and crappy neighborhoods... this is a free country, you can f'ing move whenever and whereever you please. If you choose to live in a racist southern state, then you really aren't doing all you can to make your situation any better.

army_stud said:
Look up some statistics on these schools

Dillard University, New Orleans, La. ---- 99.5% Black
Johnson C. Smith University, Charlotte, N.C ---- 99.9% Black
Southern University and A&M College, ---- 97.8% Black
Spelman College, Atlanta, Ga. ---- 97.8% Black
Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, ---- 97.9% Black

And many other smaller Universities that are 99.9% black.

You call this intergration? Show me a college that is even 95% all white.
You make this way too easy. Bluefield State College and West Virginia State University now have student bodies that are less than 15 percent black. At Lincoln University in Missouri blacks are only 35 percent of the student body. These three institutions continue to be classified as HBCUs by the Education Department.

University of Georgia has about 6% black enrollment in a state thats over 25% black. I'm guessing you don't call University of Georgia an all-white school? Yeah, I didn't think so.

ZKaudio said:
for all the people saying there are crappy schools and crappy neighborhoods... this is a free country, you can f'ing move whenever and whereever you please. If you choose to live in a racist southern state, then you really aren't doing all you can to make your situation any better.

you can fuckin move wherever you want?? We have proffessional people on this very board who have said it would be difficult for them to move somewhere where they don't have family because they don't/can't have the savings with today's economy keeping alot of people "just" above the waterline. Now you're saying poor people who live off social programs, who by the way aren't/can't be saving dick...........you're saying these people can just up and move wherever they want?? Ok, if they're single people......fine, but moving families?? Dude............please................all I'm asking is common sense. Some of the "seemingly" elitist rhetoric that I hear from people here is "really" fuckin disturbing. It goes to show that there is a huge segment of the population in this country that is seriously oblivious to the living conditions and work environments of alot of people in this society.

I mean fuck, it took me a couple months to find an apartment in cali that was willing to rent to me...........now my credit isn't perfect, but it's not bad either. Yet I had to get a co-signer just to live in an efficiency in a suburb of san francisco that was predominantly latino...........this wasn't "the burbs". It wasn't ganglan mind you.........but it wasn't plush.

redsamurai said:
you can fuckin move wherever you want?? We have proffessional people on this very board who have said it would be difficult for them to move somewhere where they don't have family because they don't/can't have the savings with today's economy keeping alot of people "just" above the waterline. Now you're saying poor people who live off social programs, who by the way aren't/can't be saving dick...........you're saying these people can just up and move wherever they want?? Ok, if they're single people......fine, but moving families?? Dude............please................all I'm asking is common sense. Some of the "seemingly" elitist rhetoric that I hear from people here is "really" fuckin disturbing. It goes to show that there is a huge segment of the population in this country that is seriously oblivious to the living conditions and work environments of alot of people in this society.

I mean fuck, it took me a couple months to find an apartment in cali that was willing to rent to me...........now my credit isn't perfect, but it's not bad either. Yet I had to get a co-signer just to live in an efficiency in a suburb of san francisco that was predominantly latino...........this wasn't "the burbs". It wasn't ganglan mind you.........but it wasn't plush.
it didn't stop bros from moving south to north in the industrial boom

Moltke said:
it didn't stop bros from moving south to north in the industrial boom

the "industrial boom"???...............how long ago are we talkin here bro? If you're talkin about the industrial boom of the early 1900's......that has no bearing today, totally different time and place.

Dial_tone said:
You make this way too easy. Bluefield State College and West Virginia State University now have student bodies that are less than 15 percent black. At Lincoln University in Missouri blacks are only 35 percent of the student body. These three institutions continue to be classified as HBCUs by the Education Department.

University of Georgia has about 6% black enrollment in a state thats over 25% black. I'm guessing you don't call University of Georgia an all-white school? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I asked a very simple question. Name a school that is over 95% white, like many of the "diversified" black colleges who are over 95% black. University of Georgia is not one of them. Many black students want to go to colleges with larger black populations, such as historically black Morehouse and Spelman in Atlanta. And many want to be in Atlanta itself, because it is close to home or because of its vibrant black social life, thus attending GA State University because it's closer to Atlanta.

Do you think these schools have low black ENROLLMENT because the schools are racist bigots? Or is much more simple; are they not scoring high enough on entry requirements and/or these blacks want to be closer to the bigger cities?

Furethermore, how could you justify a school that is over 99% black in Charlotte NC, whereas 50% of the local population is white?

Is this equality?

Top Bottom