Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why shouldnt private companies be able to discriminate however they choose? *debate from another board*

redsamurai said:
Right now, I just don't see a reason for anyone to move anywhere in the U.S............cause it's all generally the same. Middle class jobby jobs are GONE..........so flippin burgers is about all you can aspire too. That's life I guess..........but then I want to hear people on TV keep it real by admitting the "american dream" is a contrived farce. But as soon as they say that..........people are going to say "ok......guess we got to hustle to make it by".............lawlessness ensues.

I disagree about the middle class jobby jobs being gone. There are TONS of great jobs out there. The problem is too many recent college grads think they're going to graduate with a bachelor's degree and become CEO of some major corporation. If you want a high paying job, then you must suck it up and attend school, school and more school. Otherwise it's all about connections....

Re: Why shouldnt private companies be able to discriminate however they choose? *deba

Dial_tone said:
and do you think the reason black schools don't have more white students is that they're racist bigots? or that white students don't apply? How many of your white friends from high school do you think even considered going to a black school?

The whole appeal of attending a school that prides itself on its 99% black students doesn't necessarily hit home.

As I'm sure a school that happily boasted its 99% white attendance wouldn't appeal to a black person (even though that would never be allowed).

You can clearly see, it's the black colleges who are discriminating on race. Hypocrisy.

private companies can discriminate--just have less than 15 employees---except that they may be subject to state discrimination laws.

also, discrimination of any sort is almost impossible to prove (in court) on a small scale and thus the fear of acting in a discriminatory manner is way overblown. Most of the actual and damaging discrimination is not blatant but under the guise of some other reasoning or beliefs.

just my .02

Re: Why shouldnt private companies be able to discriminate however they choose? *deba

layinback said:
paper trail always controls litigation.....sometimes stops it in its tracks. keeping appropriate records on my employees has saved my ass more than once.
yah working in pharmacy has taught me the benefits of good records. people say all sorts of stuff, but when you have supporting docs disputing you just shrug your shoulders and ask if they really want to go to court to shovel money into a fire

Top Bottom