Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why shouldnt private companies be able to discriminate however they choose? *debate from another board*

redsamurai said:
the "industrial boom"???...............how long ago are we talkin here bro? If you're talkin about the industrial boom of the early 1900's......that has no bearing today, totally different time and place.
same hunger, same country.
people are naturally lured to money making areas.
if not they die.
it's def not easy just to pickup and bounce, but it can and is done daily by all sorts of people

Moltke said:
same hunger, same country.
people are naturally lured to money making areas.
if not they die.
it's def not easy just to pickup and bounce, but it can and is done daily by all sorts of people

alot of those men left their families behind..............this society has changed too much, so if there's men out there that are actually taking care of their families and children........they should not be encouraged to leave.

And no.........this is NOT the same country bor...........I mean not even close.

redsamurai said:
the "industrial boom"???...............how long ago are we talkin here bro? If you're talkin about the industrial boom of the early 1900's......that has no bearing today, totally different time and place.

I believe Moltke is implying the same as I was earlier. I've seen many impoverished people overcome their hardships and become very successful. Many of them will agree that too much Government assistance is counter-productive, look at the Indians.

army_stud said:
I believe Moltke is implying the same as I was earlier. I've seen many impoverished people overcome their hardships and become very successful. Many of them will agree that too much Government assistance is counter-productive, look at the Indians.

esplain??

redsamurai said:
alot of those men left their families behind..............this society has changed too much, so if there's men out there that are actually taking care of their families and children........they should not be encouraged to leave.

And no.........this is NOT the same country bor...........I mean not even close.
Yea, the problem now is men simply leave their families/divorce, for whatever reason. So youre right, a lots changed. I think one thing that will never change is poor people finding a way to make a better life by leaving for a place that holds more promise. Immigrants have been doing it for centuries and I would imagine they have a rougher go at it than a regular poor family that is already assimilated into America. People find a way to make it happen if they want to. If they didnt we would all still be living in the original 13 colonies.

i think anti discrimination laws, however ballbreaking, are ultimately in societys favour because i think a homogenous workforce is better for the economy

im a complete noob at US laws but so long as theyre reasonable, then you should be able to pick whoever you like to work for you anyway. it should reasonably come down to your interviews and selection criteria documentation

correct me if im wrong of course :) but i cant see how keeping records of demonstrable work performance differences between candidates would control litigation risk

superdave said:
Yea, the problem now is men simply leave their families/divorce, for whatever reason. So youre right, a lots changed. I think one thing that will never change is poor people finding a way to make a better life by leaving for a place that holds more promise. Immigrants have been doing it for centuries and I would imagine they have a rougher go at it than a regular poor family that is already assimilated into America. People find a way to make it happen if they want to. If they didnt we would all still be living in the original 13 colonies.

Right now, I just don't see a reason for anyone to move anywhere in the U.S............cause it's all generally the same. Middle class jobby jobs are GONE..........so flippin burgers is about all you can aspire too. That's life I guess..........but then I want to hear people on TV keep it real by admitting the "american dream" is a contrived farce. But as soon as they say that..........people are going to say "ok......guess we got to hustle to make it by".............lawlessness ensues.

GoldenDelicious said:
i think anti discrimination laws, however ballbreaking, are ultimately in societys favour because i think a homogenous workforce is better for the economy

im a complete noob at US laws but so long as theyre reasonable, then you should be able to pick whoever you like to work for you anyway. it should reasonably come down to your interviews and selection criteria documentation

correct me if im wrong of course :) but i cant see how keeping records of demonstrable work performance differences between candidates would control litigation risk
paper trail always controls litigation.....sometimes stops it in its tracks. keeping appropriate records on my employees has saved my ass more than once.

redsamurai said:
Right now, I just don't see a reason for anyone to move anywhere in the U.S............cause it's all generally the same. Middle class jobby jobs are GONE..........so flippin burgers is about all you can aspire too. That's life I guess..........but then I want to hear people on TV keep it real by admitting the "american dream" is a contrived farce. But as soon as they say that..........people are going to say "ok......guess we got to hustle to make it by".............lawlessness ensues.
Why are middle class jobby jobs gone? Not quite sure what you mean by those jobs but Im guessing its the type of job Im about to get when I graduate (Im getting access to nothing but $50k/yr starting salary jobs now in my last year of school).

Re: Why shouldnt private companies be able to discriminate however they choose? *deba

army_stud said:
Do you think these schools have low black ENROLLMENT because the schools are racist bigots? Or is much more simple; are they not scoring high enough on entry requirements and/or these blacks want to be closer to the bigger cities?
?
and do you think the reason black schools don't have more white students is that they're racist bigots? or that white students don't apply? How many of your white friends from high school do you think even considered going to a black school?

Top Bottom