Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who Uses Squats & Variations Exclusively To Build Legs???

I've done basically only squats now for a long time.

Since moving I've been forced to train at a commercial gym for a month or more...and I haven't been able to push my squats as hard or do events...so I've added in some hacks and leg presses. I like them and think that they work well with light weight and very high reps.

I always squat though...always.

B True

crew9 said:
Bah shoulda just said what I meant. You don't get stronger by avoiding lifts that are hard. If your back hurts perhaps you have a form issue, or maybe even a posture issue.
i know ur just trying to help, but dialtone looks like he knows what hes doing

wnt2bBeast said:
hack squat (power squat machine)
http://www.precor.com/cpr_str.php?cat=pl&mod=624
i use this machine but face in rather than out!!

Yesterday some 160 lb fucknut loaded this machine with 8 plates on each side. He did 6 of the sloppiest 1/4 squats I've ever witnessed then had the nerve to rest 10 minutes between each set. I had to wait for his dumb punk ass so I had plates for the hack squat rack.

Dial_tone said:
Yesterday some 160 lb fucknut loaded this machine with 8 plates on each side. He did 6 of the sloppiest 1/4 squats I've ever witnessed then had the nerve to rest 10 minutes between each set. I had to wait for his dumb punk ass so I had plates for the hack squat rack.
lol for every 10 people i see squatting i would say only 1 does it properly..and no one even gets close to parallel or below on that machine..all the trainers like to throw their trainees on that machine and they use about a 3 inch range of motion and they actually carry on a conversation while trying to squat on it!!! im like wtf
best low back exrcise gm's or glute ham raises

The reason I asked is I workout at home and don't have access to a wide variety of equipment like the Leg Press etc... I have a Body Solid Leg Extension/Leg Curl and a Power Rack. I was thinking about doing this routine and just alternating Squats with Front Squats every 2 weeks or so as my main quad movement.

Leg Extension(Warm-up)
Squats or Front Squats- 4 sets of 10-15 reps
Barbell Hack Squats- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Lunges- 2 sets of 10-12 reps

Texas Ranger said:
The reason I asked is I workout at home and don't have access to a wide variety of equipment like the Leg Press etc... I have a Body Solid Leg Extension/Leg Curl and a Power Rack. I was thinking about doing this routine and just alternating Squats with Front Squats every 2 weeks or so as my main quad movement.

Leg Extension(Warm-up)
Squats or Front Squats- 4 sets of 10-15 reps
Barbell Hack Squats- 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Lunges- 2 sets of 10-12 reps
as long as your squatting you cant go wrong..squats and sldl will give you great leg growth!! good luck

Top Bottom