Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who Uses Squats & Variations Exclusively To Build Legs???

Texas Ranger

Does anyone use only Squats and variations as their primary Quad movement to work legs? Variations(ie. Front Squats, Lunges, Barbell Hacks, etc...)

i use squats and leg presses and leg exts. sometimes hacks. not too much, cuz they all in all suck :)

wnt2bBeast said:
hacks suck????? this is news to me
for me my favs in order
squat
front squat
hack squat (power squat machine)
http://www.precor.com/cpr_str.php?cat=pl&mod=624
i use this machine but face in rather than out!!

Good call! I don't do front squats that often but squat (ass to calves) and hack squat (90 degree) are the heat! Hate not being able to walk out of the gym.......but love not being able to walk out of the gym!!!! By the way, I use the same machine and face the same direction.

TheOak84 said:
well, for me... they hurt my hips, and i dont like them i feel no power in them and thats about it.. besides id use free weights over a machine anyday...
i agree my main execise is squats or front squats and only do hacks after..they hurt your hips for a reason..its either a form issue or you have weak hips..guys at westside use this power squat machine a lot so it must do something...lol

wnt2bBeast said:
i agree my main execise is squats or front squats and only do hacks after..they hurt your hips for a reason..its either a form issue or you have weak hips..guys at westside use this power squat machine a lot so it must do something...lol

i use the power squat machine, i was talking about the one where u lay ur back on a pad and ur at like a 45 degree angle and u squat down. some people call both a hack squat though.

the power squat made my hips stronger and taught me to squat lower.

TheOak84 said:
i use the power squat machine, i was talking about the one where u lay ur back on a pad and ur at like a 45 degree angle and u squat down. some people call both a hack squat though.

the power squat made my hips stronger and taught me to squat lower.
they are similar i sometimes call it hacks too..the power squat also helped my deadlift a lot as well...

I do extensions, hack squats and leg press. I want to drop about 20 lbs and strengthen my lower back before I start squating again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom