Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where do shoulders go?????

AngMc

Hello everyone

So I've decided to change my routine. I was going 4 days a week doing an upper/lower split, each twice a week. I want to try 3 times a week, back/bis, chest/tris, legs. Where do shoulders go??

My only issue is that only working each body part once a week seems like too little. And a trainer at my gym told me that the three day routine wasn't good for a beginner, that I should be working out each body part more than once a week. I know this is wrong. Can somebody please explain to me that this way works? I want to reduce my weight lifting sessions so I can have more free cardio mornings. Because of work and school I HAVE to go to the gym in the morning or I will not get there.

I've just started everything.....Thanks, Ang

I'd personally put shoulders on the chest/tri day. Delts are used in things like bench and incline press. And chest and tris are involved in a lot of the shoulder pressing moves.

I trained 3 days a week for many years and had great results with it. Got to a 735 deadlift and 650 squat, raw. If I was doing it wrong, maybe I can call your trainer and he can teach me, lol.

I do shoulder work on my pressing day. I lift 3xweek - one day whole body including squat and speed bench, one day focusing on pressing movements + cleans/snatches + front squats, and one day focusing on pulling movements + deadlifts.

When I was doing a split I also did shoulders on chest & tri day. Best to do those 3 on the same day to permit maximum recovery time since it impossible not to crosstrain them inadvertently.

Thanks everybody. I don't know what I'll do. I still don't understand why its wrong for a beginner to do a split versus whole body workout.

The number of times per week you work a given muscle is heavily dependent on the volume of work and level of intensity with which you work it at each session. Hitting each muscle every 5-7 days would be appropriate if you're doing multiple sets to failure for each muscle per workout. That kind of training neccessitates longer recovery intevals.

The HST program I'm currently doing calls for 3 total body workouts weekly and I'm doing fine on it. I've gained .25" on my arms in 3 weeks training that way.

Thanks very much Anya. I don't want to lift heavy until I have the proper form down, so I'll stick with what I,m doing for now. Ang

I put front delts on chest day & rear delts on back day :)

& you might want to put arms on a separate day-- your tris are getting alot of work in all your chest lifts-- personally I found it to be too much...so I either do legs than arms or arms alone.

Top Bottom