Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's up with the abs?

luxorqaz

I'm 5'9" and weighed 215 lbs. 18 months ago. Since then, I've dropped my weight to 168 lbs. with proper diet and moderate exercise. With my clothes on, I look fine and get lots of compliments. But, with them off, I've still got a gut going. What gives? I do crunches and stuff, but it doesn't seem to work. How much do you guys recommend?

Invisible abs

Well, your story sounds very familiar. At this point it's not about how many crunches or sit-ups you do. You need to loose what's covering your abs. It's all in your diet now. One thing I'd recomend is start Cardio sessions first thing in the morning before eating anything. Start with 30 min and increase about 5 mins every week, but dont give up the ab training. Work your abs to failure every other day or so.

First place you get fat is the last it comes off. sit ups will only develop the abs that cardio and diet will allow to be shown.

diet,diet,diet.everyone here is on the nose,becaue bottom line is going to be what you eat.you want your abs to show,keep a log of what you eat so you can make adjustments as you go.i would say very low carb,but you have to find what works for you.everyone is different.what ever you have done is working because look how much weight you lost.you did goood.now fine tune it.abs are a muscle like any other so hit em with weights once or twice a week,then another i-2 times with just reps.keep your cardio going also,and if you can ,throw som ripped fuel or any fat burner in the mix.hope helped a little:mix: :D :mix: :D
0mikeanm1.gif

It really depends on your overall goals.

I was basically in the same position last fall, though I started at about 190. I didn't like how much muscle I had lost, and realized I'd look far too skinny if I kept losing. So I stopped, and took 4 months to add more weight, up to about 180. I then started cutting again. I still look too skinny, but definitely better than I did.

In my case, I was initially concerned far too much with just losing "weight". The last time around, I tried losing at a much slower rate, and tracked my BF% to make sure I was losing mostly fat.

It may help you to take a break from dieting, then start back up. You need to look at this as a long-term process.

In the end, though, I agree with the others. You need to lose the fat. I'd also look at doing Intervals instead of straight cardio.

I agrew with 8-]. Take an ECA stack and do your cardio along with a clean diet to shed the fat and your abs will eventually show. Do crunches 4 sets to failure every three days. This will build some ab muscles and it will show more when your bodyfat is low enough

Thanks for the help guys. My diet is pretty good; try to keep it low fat with relatively high protein, but I'm not going to totally cut out the carbs... I don't think it is healthy. I do track my eating, with a cool shareware program called "do it", and usually manage a 40%, 40%, 20% break down of protein, carbs, fat. When I start to get over 50% protein, I feel sick, so I'd like to avoid that it at all possible.

I've also stayed away from thermogenics, trying to go it the all-natural route. Any feedback on whether that's a good or bad idea?

Top Bottom