Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats up with my arms

well...you only posted one excersize that has anything to do with your bicepts and thats pullups and even at that your not gonna build a whole lot on pullups for your bis.

what are you doing for your bis?

iff you want bigger arms , id suggest doing alot of strait bar curls, seated hammer curls and revers curls. i like to do drop sets on the strait bar. find your max try to do atleast 1 self and 1 assisted, drop down 2-3 self 2-3 assisted so on an so on.

when i first started training i was 128lb with 13 inch biceps and last summer when i cut i had 17inch arms at 165lb at 10% bf (btw im only 5ft 3 inch tall) i have never really dedicated much time to arm training and am still not very strong on arm excersices , but i have worked on heavy rows and pull ups , heavy pressing and heavy squats and they seem to have grown on par with the rest of my body so i thin k you can grow them off heavy compounds but we are all different i suppose , also as arnie said in one of his books "10lb of weight should equate to 1 inch in arm girth" so diet also needs attention for max growth

squats release testosterone and GH which will help accelerate muscle gain in other areas.

agreed. but your arms arnt gonna get bigger cause you work your legs. you gotta do more weight than the muscle can handle to grow. thats just how the body works. it wont put muscle on if it can move or do what you want it to efficiantly.

when i first started training i was 128lb with 13 inch biceps and last summer when i cut i had 17inch arms at 165lb at 10% bf (btw im only 5ft 3 inch tall) i have never really dedicated much time to arm training and am still not very strong on arm excersices , but i have worked on heavy rows and pull ups , heavy pressing and heavy squats and they seem to have grown on par with the rest of my body so i thin k you can grow them off heavy compounds but we are all different i suppose , also as arnie said in one of his books "10lb of weight should equate to 1 inch in arm girth" so diet also needs attention for max growth

just like i said in previous post.

you put more weight than what your body could move and do efficiantly, there for you gained muscle to move the amount you pushed on yourself. but you also (from what you wrote) did alot of full body workouts. rows,pullups,presses all use a varitety of dif muscle groups to do. there for everything is getting worked.

im not really trying to debate here, i just dont want this kid to think if he wants big arms hes just gotta do leg excersizes. to be short, he just needs to add weight each time along with keeping good form and size will come. (keeping in mind his diet allows for growth too.)

just like i said in previous post.

you put more weight than what your body could move and do efficiantly, there for you gained muscle to move the amount you pushed on yourself. but you also (from what you wrote) did alot of full body workouts. rows,pullups,presses all use a varitety of dif muscle groups to do. there for everything is getting worked.

im not really trying to debate here, i just dont want this kid to think if he wants big arms hes just gotta do leg excersizes. to be short, he just needs to add weight each time along with keeping good form and size will come. (keeping in mind his diet allows for growth too.)
I agree with you 100% my freind, from all the heavy compound movements i gave my arms no choice but to grow or they would have got injured (they needed to grow to handle the poundages of the other excercises) i think people struggling should try all ideas we mention until they are happy , you are correct in recomending he work his arms with extra individual movements as you wouldnt want to be a couple of years down the line and realize you now have lagging arms, it also sounds as if genetics are playing a big part in his problem too

Concentrate MORE on your CORE than you arms... Think of yourself as a tree, the bigger the tree the bigger the branches will get.. Heavy Deadlifts/Rows and Squats my friend ! Im 5'7" 220lb with 19.25 in arms

Concentrate MORE on your CORE than you arms... Think of yourself as a tree, the bigger the tree the bigger the branches will get.. Heavy Deadlifts/Rows and Squats my friend ! Im 5'7" 220lb with 19.25 in arms

This is solid advice.

But,.... Some of us are built with different levers and muscle belly insertions and will need direct arm work. If you have long arms and short muscle belly insertions an arm day or at least some heavy focus on direct arm work is a must imo.

heavy back work and minimal bi work is what works well for my bi's.

This is solid advice.

But,.... Some of us are built with different levers and muscle belly insertions and will need direct arm work. If you have long arms and short muscle belly insertions an arm day or at least some heavy focus on direct arm work is a must imo.

Agreed! If you want to build your arms. Focus on a daily work on arm like SL said. :)

solid inhibitor. I do believe if you can do a true twenty rep max squat routine your arms will get bigger along with everthing else, but i also believe you have to be unemployed with rich parents to feed you because it's hard as shit!!! The actual program involves I think chins,pullovers,and dips but just one or two sets after you murder yourself in the squat rack. I'm to tired to research it again but it's worth looking into. I have tied a few weeks together where I squatted 3 times a week for 20 rep maxes and it hurts, but in a good I'm not pussy kind of way

Top Bottom