Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No lifting for the season, help please

miked8c

First off here are my stats:

BW:185
Height 5'8
Max Bench: 270
Max Squat: 360
Diet: What ever gets put in front of me, usually good home cooked meals although at least once a week I get fast food.

My question: How much strength can I expect to lose during the hockey season if I stop lifting but I maintain my BW at 185. The season lasts for 3 months give or take a few weeks depending on playoffs, I wont be lifting at all but I will be staying very active. I have a few questions

1. By keeping my body weight will I just lose muscle and replace it with fat?
2. Does anyone have any estimates on how much my bench and squat may go done?
3. Will I just keep losing muscle all season or will my body find a balance between fat and muscle and just stay at that point?

yes you will lose muscle after a while if you stop lifting, nobody can give you an exact amount of how much you will loose though. However, improving your diet will minimise losses...

Trust me I know I'll be losing strength and mass. But my questions is more of how much of a strength loss and I looking at 20 pounds off my bench? 30? 40? I am trying to minimize my losses by keeping up my body weight despite the intense sprints we do at practice, I just dont want to be have turned into a weak bitch by he end of my season.

i played hockey for 15 years. the last 9 year round. we always lifted in season. the training was different but we always lifted. there is no reason you cant do in season style periodized training. look up tudor bompa or mike swift. they have routines that might interest you.

First off here are my stats:

BW:185
Height 5'8
Max Bench: 270
Max Squat: 360
Diet: What ever gets put in front of me, usually good home cooked meals although at least once a week I get fast food.

My question: How much strength can I expect to lose during the hockey season if I stop lifting but I maintain my BW at 185. The season lasts for 3 months give or take a few weeks depending on playoffs, I wont be lifting at all but I will be staying very active. I have a few questions

1. By keeping my body weight will I just lose muscle and replace it with fat?
2. Does anyone have any estimates on how much my bench and squat may go done?
3. Will I just keep losing muscle all season or will my body find a balance between fat and muscle and just stay at that point?

Yeah if you just make some time once or twice a week to go in and lift I think you could not lose any strength, though you might lose some muscle.

Top Bottom