Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This has been stumping me

miked8c

Just so you have some backround info here are some of my stats.
Age-17
BW-185 in the mornin
One rep max squat- 360
One rep max bench- 260
pull up max- 17

Ok so lately I have been taking an interest in my arm develoment, my upperbody is pretty pretty solid and thick but my arms, in my opinion, are lacking in size. I do a 3 day(mon,tues,weds) a week program with an sports specific trainer where I alternate between upper body and lower body days, this is great for strength but he focuses less on BBing and more on powerlifting for strength. Basically I am wondering if you guys have any tips to add size to my arms, should I be focusing mainly on biceps? Or should most of my training be focused on tris? Should I be going for more reps(10-12) than what my trainer has me doing(1-3)?

I've stumbled on a few articles that stress the idea that increasing your overall body strength and your arms will grow in proportion with your body. I dont really want to put on any more weight because I do play hockey, do I need to add significantly more body weight to increase my arm size or do I have a good enough base where I can just do isolation workouts for my arms?

Sorry that my questions are kind of scattered and unfocused, basically I want bigger arms but am truly stumped on how to get them? Thanks in advance ; )

Start out alternate sets on your bis and tris 2x8-10 once a week after you regular workout: 1 set tri, rest 60 sec, then 1 set bi, and repeat.

See how it affect your work with your trainer. If you feel you can handle it, increase to 2x a week, starting with bis.

As you become more advanced, you could consider a more complete program, maybe an extra 30-45min workout on an 'off' day.

try reverse grip on your back work if your not getting it. i only work bi's indirectly and tri's a couple direct sets per weak. if you go heavy enough often enough on the big lifts your bi's should be growing with everything else. usually people are overtraining them with the curls and shit when they are having growth problems.

Top Bottom