Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is your Resting heart rate?? Everyone!!

64. On cycle and have had 3 coffees today and I feel kindof jittery today so it might be higher than normal. Cardio 3-4 times a week and heavy training 6 days a week.

I've always been puzzled as to why my RHR is so high (over 90 beats/min.). I'm in my thirties and have been involved in athletics all my life. I always lift for strength (2x/wk) but move pretty fast during a workout (30 seconds between sets or less if doing super sets.) I'm involved in submission wrestling (3x/wk) and do sprints up a sand hill once a week (the sprint is more like a run and takes about 2 minutes to complete total time about 20-25 minutes). For fun I like to take walks once or twice a week which takes about 45 minutes. I'm pretty lean (6'1" 195-200lbs) feel great and don't have a problem with blood pressure but what's the deal with a 90+ RHR first thing in the morning?

mt said:
I've always been puzzled as to why my RHR is so high (over 90 beats/min.). I'm in my thirties and have been involved in athletics all my life. I always lift for strength (2x/wk) but move pretty fast during a workout (30 seconds between sets or less if doing super sets.) I'm involved in submission wrestling (3x/wk) and do sprints up a sand hill once a week (the sprint is more like a run and takes about 2 minutes to complete total time about 20-25 minutes). For fun I like to take walks once or twice a week which takes about 45 minutes. I'm pretty lean (6'1" 195-200lbs) feel great and don't have a problem with blood pressure but what's the deal with a 90+ RHR first thing in the morning?

Are you taking it as soon as you wake up, before you get out of bed? Because that's the resting hr. What about caffeine? Any other stimulants?

Mine is low to mid 60's and I'm on tren/test/slin and a little dbol now and then. I'm 6'2.5" 255lb as of today and weight train 4x/wk and interval train (explosive sprinting up stairs) 1x/wk at least. I'm also 42 years old.

A fast hr is also an indication of overtraining btw. How you slept the night before has a major impact on it as well so you're better off with an average over a week or so.

Anything under 100 is considered normal and anything over 100 is considered tachycardia so if you see a doc he'll tell you you're normal.

I've been monitoring my heart rate since I was a teenager (after reading Cooper's Aerobics). I've done it at various times (morn, afternoon, night). Everytime I see one of those blood pressure machines I'll take a reading. I'm very careful about over training and take 3 rest days during the week. Every six to eight weeks I'll take a week off completely and do absolutely nothing. I sleep pretty soundly and when I do take it in the morning it's when I just wake up. No matter what, it's always in the nineties. One thing that I find curious: when I take a reading on those BP machines you find at drug stores, with each succesive measurement (I take about four), as I get more relaxed, my blood pressure goes down but my heart rate actually increases. Not by much, say it starts at 92 it then goes to about 96 by the fourth reading. Still, you would think as I just sit there my heart rate would decrease like my blood pressure does.

Top Bottom