Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What gym environment do you prefer?

What gym environment do you prefer?

• Smaller, more private gym - Less members

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • More open, airy, social gym - More members

Votes: 42 19.6%
  • Old school, hardcore gym! - Badasses only

Votes: 90 42.1%
  • Health Spa - Girly-men and women only.

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters
im at la fitness. where people curl in the squat racks, everybody dresses the same, no one squats, deadlifts or benches properly, guys stand in line to sniff the seat of the last piece of equiptment some chick was using and the personal trainers are fat.

I use an ipod so i can block most of it out.

I miss the hardcore gym i used to use....it was a storfront type place with two levels..downstairs was legs/dl space...cracked mirrors, arnold/columbo posters. Heavy metal death music blasting(not that im into that) it was a hardcore place.....benching 305 for 3 sets of 5 was low weight there...in LA fitness. people around me get these looks on their faces like"omg he is going to lift that..."

Blane said:
im at la fitness. where people curl in the squat racks, everybody dresses the same, no one squats, deadlifts or benches properly, guys stand in line to sniff the seat of the last piece of equiptment some chick was using and the personal trainers are fat.

LMAO SOO FUCKIN TRUE!

Everyone squats 1/4 way down, and half the squat racks have someone doing bicep curls all the time. Fuckin A.

I like gyms that are multi-functional/hardcore... boxing gyms are GREAT! They smell like sweat and iron and there are usually very few douches strutting around. The gym I'm at now is as close to that as I can get here, although there are a few too many high school punks to make it perfect.

mus1cjunk1e said:
LMAO SOO FUCKIN TRUE!

Everyone squats 1/4 way down, and half the squat racks have someone doing bicep curls all the time. Fuckin A.

Thank goodness im not alone...I was starting to wonder if i was the one who is f'd up.....muaaaaaaaaaa

I think i would prefer a smaller gym so i can zone out w my ipod n get shit done. Right now I go to NY Sports Club and theyre are always kids parties going on which I dont like. The worst though is when I walked in to see a popcorn machine and a purple dinosaur greeting me at the door, that really crossed the line.

Six8 said:
I think i would prefer a smaller gym so i can zone out w my ipod n get shit done. Right now I go to NY Sports Club and theyre are always kids parties going on which I dont like. The worst though is when I walked in to see a popcorn machine and a purple dinosaur greeting me at the door, that really crossed the line.

Kids parties at a gym? WTF?

So long as it's a typical free weights set up gym & isn't completely choc-o-block I'm not fussed.

One of the ghetto gyms I used to use hosted kids birthday parties in the next room also. Fucking horrible trying to do a session with the music off and all the noisy kids screaming around.

mus1cjunk1e said:
Kids parties at a gym? WTF?

yup they frequently close the basketball courts for the parties and i wasnt kidding when i said they have popcorn machines n shit either. i just put on the ipod throw on some metal and do what im there to do

I pretty much go everywhere. I like when the gym is busy and lots of people around, gets me fired up. Hate training when the place is dead.

Top Bottom