Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What gym environment do you prefer?

What gym environment do you prefer?

• Smaller, more private gym - Less members

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • More open, airy, social gym - More members

Votes: 42 19.6%
  • Old school, hardcore gym! - Badasses only

Votes: 90 42.1%
  • Health Spa - Girly-men and women only.

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters
how bout this///i goto 24 hr fitness cause its the only 24 gym near wear i just moved.... 1:30 am and im free squating 500+ with my trng partner vic....i grunt loud on rep 5- 7 before re racking....the manager happend to be there and threatened to revoke my membership for grunting and using chaulk while they were cleaning up....i almost killed him.

thats messed up! prolly wants to kick you out cuz one of the other members complained and wanted the rack to do curls...

so 24`s my gym too..there everywhere and i like to bounce around to diff enviroments makes it fun and doesnt get stale..theres a trainer at one of em i go to, a female, and she gets pretty loud cranking out her reps, im thinking its not the same 24 your at

Hot women are awsome. But it doesnt do me any good. I cant fuck em, my wife goes to the same gym.

Hey crypto, wtf is that dude in your avatar? every time I see that I'm like wtf! :p

well im glad you asked that! its actually a manifestation of an ancient sumerian demon. lord of southwestern wind, bringer of famine and pestilence.

in other words, a good bro.

I selected the small, private club, though lack of traffic isn't the only thing that's important. Things that are of prime importance to me in a gym are:

-Availability of whatever equipment I need when I need it (i.e., a wide variety of equipment exists at the gym and there is at least one set of the equipment I need that's not being used when I need it).

-Cleanliness. It has to be clean throughout, especially the locker rooms and the equipment.

-Not too crowded or jam-packed. We all need space for comfort and safety.

-Convenient hours. I don't understand how any gym can close at 4pm on a Saturday.

-Modern equipment and well-organized. My workouts are long enough without wasting time looking for two matching-weight dumbbells.

Right now, I'm a member of a small chain of gyms. The sizes of the branches vary from smallish to cavernous (all run by the one company/brand). I rather like it. I tend to go to the larger branches because the equipment availability tends to be more reliable and, even though they're larger and have more people, they don't seem as crowded as some of the smaller branches. Considering that I have my choice of so many locations, which are all well-run and clean, the cost seems very reasonable. Also, it seems as if one can be sociable or not (I'm not usually that sociable, preferring to focus on my workout).

yeah im glad some ppl agree with me.....the floors rubber at mine to....btw its funny as hell the ppl that pay the 35 bucks a month to come in and use the pool and shit lol .... i dont really pay no mind i leave them alone and shit cept for when theyre bringing the db's into the basketball court and shit and i go on a rampage lolll. Id love to find a dungeon shit gym that was open 24 hrs... im a bouncer so on my off days i love to go in late and on my days on i go in after my shift at 4 am...the dungeons close at like 10 pm and open at like 7 am :( so it screws me up bad. plus....the dumbells only go up to 120!!!!! and theres no fucking military freeweight press so i have to smith or do clean and press's back to my 120 complaint.... I can do bent rows for 14 reps with 120's so i have this lil chain clip thing i made and i strap like 10's to my hand with the dumbell with ppl giving me dirty looks..... i hate my gym ahahaha

yeah im glad some ppl agree with me.....the floors rubber at mine to....btw its funny as hell the ppl that pay the 35 bucks a month to come in and use the pool and shit lol .... i dont really pay no mind i leave them alone and shit cept for when theyre bringing the db's into the basketball court and shit and i go on a rampage lolll. Id love to find a dungeon shit gym that was open 24 hrs... im a bouncer so on my off days i love to go in late and on my days on i go in after my shift at 4 am...the dungeons close at like 10 pm and open at like 7 am :( so it screws me up bad. plus....the dumbells only go up to 120!!!!! and theres no fucking military freeweight press so i have to smith or do clean and press's back to my 120 complaint.... I can do bent rows for 14 reps with 120's so i have this lil chain clip thing i made and i strap like 10's to my hand with the dumbell with ppl giving me dirty looks..... i hate my gym ahahaha

See now, I wouldnt mind a pool. I have no where to swim. I used to go to a great "health club" back in the day. I do enjoy sauna, steam room, pool, hot tub ect. Shit is great after some workouts. But the few places anywhere close that are like that are like $50-75 a month. Fuck that. My gym is $30. If I ponied up the dough and paid for the year it would be $20.

Bro why not switch to bent over "barbell" rows if your maxed out on the dumbells?

I use the gym at my local "rec". It's like a Y. Pretty well done though and dumbells go up so I've got room to grow. Too damn many kids but at least I'm one of the bigger guys there. LOL. I would love a sauna and stuff but honestly I would never have time to use it so it wouldn't matter anyway!

i like the loud beat sweat boxes where the fans keep the chalk circulating through the air. if you are ever in the newark de area check out the training center.

I would love a dungeon gym too. But My gym is nicely in the middle I think. Only thing that pisses me off is when the TV is on Hip hop. There are 6 tv's people can use the head phone plug in boxes to listen to while doing any of the cardio machines. The one thats on music all the time is turned up for everyone to hear though. If its on rap or hiphop it gets changed when I walk in. People are like who the fuck is this asshole changing the channel? LOL. I cannot lift heavy with that shit ringing in my ears.

i cant stand rap either.

Top Bottom