Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What gym environment do you prefer?

What gym environment do you prefer?

• Smaller, more private gym - Less members

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • More open, airy, social gym - More members

Votes: 42 19.6%
  • Old school, hardcore gym! - Badasses only

Votes: 90 42.1%
  • Health Spa - Girly-men and women only.

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

khemix

Elite Mentor
Platinum
I was getting curious as to other peoples gym environment preferences. This is your preference, not necessarily where you go now.

I prefer a smaller gym. Less people to bother me and not as cold, usually. I like to SWEAT! The only problem I've found with smaller gyms is that that their DB's dont usually go high enough and occationally theres not enough plates. Mine is 24hrs so theres not rush.

khemix said:
I was getting curious as to other peoples gym environment preferences. This is your preference, not necessarily where you go now.

I prefer a smaller gym. Less people to bother me and not as cold, usually. I like to SWEAT! The only problem I've found with smaller gyms is that that their DB's dont usually go high enough and occationally theres not enough plates. Mine is 24hrs so theres not rush.

anywhere where the piece of equipment, bench, dumbell, that I need right that second is not currently being used. lots of mirrors and good lighting to pose....jk.

cold cuz i sweat like a pig. dumbells up to 200 (no i dont use that much but so i can someday and not have to go elsewhere). 24 hour access, tanning beds.

ohhh ohhh ohhh and have u noticed the older men the more naked they are walking around like they are brad pitt. i would like once for there to be not one single spread eagle guy in the sauna.

clean & plenty of towels.

hot ass cardio bunnies and employees in thong leotards for between set wipedowns and motivation.

thats all i want. is that too much to ask?

i prefer hardcore gyms, but not so oldschool that they dont have alot of the newer useful machines. my old gym in NC was the most hardcore ive ever been apart of, i loved it, no 150lb teenagers fucking around and getting in the way. but right now i go to a smaller gym, healthclub type. its not that bad it has everything i need, but i hate the old people wandering around aimlessly trying to start a conversation with me in the middle of my workouts.

jumpmaster82 said:
i prefer hardcore gyms, but not so oldschool that they dont have alot of the newer useful machines. my old gym in NC was the most hardcore ive ever been apart of, i loved it, no 150lb teenagers fucking around and getting in the way. but right now i go to a smaller gym, healthclub type. its not that bad it has everything i need, but i hate the old people wandering around aimlessly trying to start a conversation with me in the middle of my workouts.

I'm so with you both on the f'ing old men. I hate that. Apparently when you reach a certain age you have no shame??

Theats my only bitch with the oldschool gyms. They dont have some of the newer, real useful equipment and machines. Thats and they're usually cold as hell. Skinny-asses like me have a hard time getting a real good pump when its 55degrees :).

Basically not one where people dress up and smell of cologne and keep looking at the mirror or reading magazines.........

Advisor_x said:
Basically not one where people dress up and smell of cologne and keep looking at the mirror or reading magazines.........

Well I use the mirror to do my lifts but I think that is alright. On another note I used to work out at this gym where a chick would have make-up and ear rings on for her workouts. :( It wouldn't shock me to find out that she posts on EF

I used to go to a hardcore small membership gym in NYC back when I was there, but now in Canada I'm at a more open gym. I just plug my earphones and get to work, I dont talk to anyone.

The one I go to is a new modern equipment gym and the owner competes so its a welcome change from Golds meat market... also its a 24 hour card key entry gym....

I like hardcore workmanlike gyms... The kind without any B.S.

Dorian's Temple Gym in Birmingham UK was THE BEST I have ever trained in hands down. It is the most hardcore I have ever been to.

I wish there was a voting category in this poll above that was a cross between the Hardcore gyms & the smaller private ones... Because I like both those qualities....

On a side-note, I CANNOT STAND when I go into gyms and they have really slow R&B tunes playing that you may as well be having sex to. Would they play heavy metal, gangster rap, or hard techno in a fancy restaurant? To me playing soft music in a gym is just as inappropriate if not worse!!!!

I really need to get an I-POD. haha.

agree...when i hit the gym i am "in my zone" and want to work out and get it over with before i loose my icentive to do so.

i do NOT want to talk and socialize.

Top Bottom