Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What does pro wrestling teach children?

gymtime said:

Oh, it works alright. Just ask my little sister. :D

It was your armpits that knocked her out, not the wrestling move.

Another wacked out move was the Abdominal Stretch. You could see it was just a rest hold. Poor Lex Luger would always be caught mouthing off the words... "what do we do next?" every time he was trapped in it.

And who could forget the dreaded ForeArm-Off-The-Ropes. Boy that knocked them cold. I could never remember why all the other forearms they gave them didn't do the trick. Somehow, just hitting ropes transformed your forearm into a steel head roller.

And let not forget the Heel move... The fishhook. You know where they would hang them over the ropes and then hook a finger in each corner of their mouths and stretch their lips. Dudes would be missing some fingers if I were the babyface. No one uses that move anymore.

I guess it can be argued that the Midnight Express, Lane and Eaton were the parents to the high impact moves you see today. They came up with so many, the announcers could never get a name for them sometimes. Remember Jim Crockett naming that move of theirs The Double Doozle? Shit. He couldn't describe it any other way. Then they had The GraveDigger. Man... they were awesome.

gymtime said:

Oh, it works alright. Just ask my little sister. :D

dude, I am picturing you sneaking up on your little sister while she is having a tea party with her Barbies or playing on the swinging and slapping that sleeper hold on her. Her little arms and leg flying everywhere... muffled screams.... then a sharp elbow to your crotch, a kick to the shins and then she says "I'm telling on you....."

Spent the week in your room huh?

LOL, Jae where have you been for all the wrestling threads?

Remeber the tests of strength? They never do that anymore.

And remember the rope they'd have to hold on to in the corner for tag team matches?

Whatever happened to the locker room interview? That got replaced with 20 minutes of boring talking in the ring.

Or the the rake across the back? Or if you threw someone ever the top rope you'ld be disqualified? Or the matches with a 10 minute time limit? Or when people didn't have theme music? Or when announcers got beat up by wrestlers?

Jae said:

dude, I am picturing you sneaking up on your little sister while she is having a tea party with her Barbies or playing on the swinging and slapping that sleeper hold on her. Her little arms and leg flying everywhere... muffled screams.... then a sharp elbow to your crotch, a kick to the shins and then she says "I'm telling on you....."

Spent the week in your room huh?

Close, but my sister was a bit more of a planner. She waited until later that evening, came up behind me while I was sprawled out in a chair and dropped a 12lb bowling ball on my boys. Good times.....

saint808 said:
hey smalls how is wrestling any worse or less appealing than piss christ?

How does this effect anything? Just becuase it may (or may not) be 'better' than Piss Christ has NO bearing on the merits of the WWF.
Just cuz u can think of something that is 'worse' than wrestling dosent make wrestling ok. Thats like saying that beating the shit out of someone is ok, cuz there is something worse than that... killing them.
Bogus argument.

gymtime said:

Close, but my sister was a bit more of a planner. She waited until later that evening, came up behind me while I was sprawled out in a chair and dropped a 12lb bowling ball on my boys. Good times.....

<hank hills patented scream> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

If your looking for wrestling to teach your kid anything then maybe it would be wise to search elsewhere. But here is something positive a kid "could" get out of it.

Wrestling could show a kid about survival of the fittest---where only the strong survive. But in Wrestling case which is unique, you have cartoon like-- -bigger then life characters(appealing to kids and adults) showing a kid that even if he doesn't beat the other in a match, he will not quit and will be back to try to win his next match.....It could show a kid not to give up.....peace

Wombat said:
If your looking for wrestling to teach your kid anything then maybe it would be wise to search elsewhere. But here is something positive a kid "could" get out of it.

Wrestling could show a kid about survival of the fittest---where only the strong survive. But in Wrestling case which is unique, you have cartoon like-- -bigger then life characters(appealing to kids and adults) showing a kid that even if he doesn't beat the other in a match, he will not quit and will be back to try to win his next match.....It could show a kid not to give up.....peace

By your logic, you're also teaching him that violence is a perfectly acceptable form of problem solving.

this thread makes me want to punch people. and break chairs.
and get big huge imlants and wear short shorts.

but in all honesty, most of the other threads do too.

Top Bottom