Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weights before cardio

Bella Michela said:
^ good idea but I feel better when I do atleast 5, 6 days of cardio, I basically hit the gym on the weekdays & sometimes ride my bike on the weekends. All I want to do is tone, is it so bad if I just do weights 3 or 4 times a week before or after my cardio. I always have enough energy to do both...

Well doing them back to back is better than nothing but there are advantages to splitting. Like one is you keep certain catabolic hormones in check. Over-doing cardio can also be working against muscle building. Seems like you're set in what you want to do so just do what feels right to you.

Thanks for the advice everybody...I was just curious & wanted to see if that was true...I guess not..but I did learn something else... ;)

Aside from all the good points others said, I have read that it takes 20min of phsysical activity to start utlizing fat for fuel. If thats the case, then doing cardio to start off would mean putting up with those first 20 min of bullshit just to get shit happening

I do the cardio after the 40' of weights

^ thats what I heard...Yea I think I am going to do my weight training first...

Bella Michela said:
^ thats what I heard...Yea I think I am going to do my weight training first...

The whole premise behind doing weights before cardio is to use your glycogen stores for weight training. If you do cardio first and use up your glycogen, where will your muscles get energy?

Id run first then do weights. After lifting your body should be producing cortisol, which should immediately start breaking down muscle. If you start cardio after, when are you going to be able to have your shake? Would you sneak one in, before cardio, but after weights? I think that might make me puke!

But doing Weights first... it just seems liike a lot of unneccessary muscle wasting.

I have my shake in the morning....I actually don't eat anything afetr I work out. I go to the gym at 7pm.

What "the first athlete" said makes sense"...I think it's better for me to follow that. I'm just looking to drop a few lbs (maintain) and tone.

I dont care what time you lift bro. You need to eat after you workout. If you are not eating then just hitting hte sack.... Your muscles are STARVING all night. Not good.

^ FEMALE....anyway I don't go to bed right after I work out. I think my routine is fine. Hasn't worked against me yet.

Top Bottom