Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weights before cardio

B

Bella Michela

I've heard it's better to do weight trainiing before doing your cardio. Is this true?

Bella Michela said:
I've heard it's better to do weight trainiing before doing your cardio. Is this true?

As opposed to what? What are we to compare this with to deduct whether or not it's "better"????

Most ideal is keeping aerobic activity and non-aerobic activity totally apart from one another.

~SC~

i heard something along the lines that doing weights first will get your body warmed up...? So when you do your cardio you will burn more calories

If you can split up the days. Like Monday weights, Tuesday cardio. If you do it on the same day a lot of people prefer to do cardio last so they focus most of their energy on weight training.

Bella Michela said:
i heard something along the lines that doing weights first will get your body warmed up...? So when you do your cardio you will burn more calories

Warming up doesn't help burn more calories

Increasing LBM will

Generally speaking, YES, it is better to do weights first.

Why on earth you would do both back to back is beyond me. As someone clearly pointed out, keep them seperate.

If you want, do your cardio first thing in the morning on a empty, or semi-empty stomach (NO MORE than 30 min and MODERATE!! LEVELS). Later in the afternoon do your weights (and make sure you eat well during the day before you do this too).

Just keep them fuckin seperate OK?

There are better explanations as to why but for simplicity's sake let's just say it like this. If you waste your energy on cardio before weights, you won't lift as much, and as well cause you've already spent a chunk of your energy on the cardio. If you're not pushing as much weight as you should because of this, you're sort of wasting your time lifting as it does not create effect that weights should have.

It's not entirely correct but think of it that way and you'll be fine.

Definetely seperate 'em...I lost a ton of strength while dieting and doing them both together. Next time I diet I'm not doing ANY cardio..diet is all you really need.

I can only get to the gym at night..and I have to do cardio atleast 5 to 6 days a week.......so basically im screwed

Bella Michela said:
I can only get to the gym at night..and I have to do cardio atleast 5 to 6 days a week.......so basically im screwed

Do a three day training split. Split the muscles into 3 different days. That leaves you 3 days for just cardio which is plently sufficiant. Also, you don't need a gym to do cardio.

^ good idea but I feel better when I do atleast 5, 6 days of cardio, I basically hit the gym on the weekdays & sometimes ride my bike on the weekends. All I want to do is tone, is it so bad if I just do weights 3 or 4 times a week before or after my cardio. I always have enough energy to do both...

Top Bottom