Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Upper Pecs - Incline Presses or Not?

What do you think is the best way to build upper pecs?

• Flat Bench Press

Votes: 25 10.1%
  • Incline Bench Press

Votes: 209 84.3%
  • Decline Bench Press

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Cable Crossovers

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
One thing I noticed with the incline is the full range of motion. At the peak bring the weights together and squeeze the pecks, love these maxing out at 12 reps.

As far as Dips go for building chest, I seem to get alot of arms with these. The dip setup at my gym has two placements for the handles, I wonder if a wider grip will put more focus on the Pecks...

One thing I noticed with the incline is the full range of motion. At the peak bring the weights together and squeeze the pecks, love these maxing out at 12 reps.

As far as Dips go for building chest, I seem to get alot of arms with these. The dip setup at my gym has two placements for the handles, I wonder if a wider grip will put more focus on the Pecks...

its mainly based on how your body is tilted when you do the lift. If you pretty much vertical it will work your triceps... the further you tilt the greater the focus on your pecs and shoulders.

when I say tilt I am refering to the angle of your body during the lift. I've 'tried' to illustrate it below.

/ vs | - for example.

how much space you have between your pecs is genetics, how your pecs look is genetics, but how big your uppers pecs are have nothing to do with genetics - thats just an excuse

heavy incline presses and incline dumbell presses will get you where you want to be

make sure you start with those as well....priority training or weak point training

it sounds odd but dips give me better upper chest development than incline bb or flat bb. My fav chest exercise.

yeah..... more narrow = more triceps and wider = more chest

it's the same thing with bench press as for dips i am almost positive.

yeah..... more narrow = more triceps and wider = more chest

it's the same thing with bench press as for dips i am almost positive.

bit different than grip with a bar. yes, distance apart makes a difference but much more important is body tilt or lean.

I changed my opinion on this

the 2 best ways to fill pecs are:

A: Low Incline DB presses followed by some type of Flys

B: flat bench DEEP moderate weight DB presses using all pecs to do the movement

3 sets flat barbell
3 sets 35º incline dumbells
3 sets flat dumbell flys, squeezing at the top
press ups.

Top Bottom