Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Upper Pecs - Incline Presses or Not?

What do you think is the best way to build upper pecs?

• Flat Bench Press

Votes: 25 10.1%
  • Incline Bench Press

Votes: 209 84.3%
  • Decline Bench Press

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Cable Crossovers

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
Not really. I have yet to see a guy that has a very filled out chest but it looks way unproportioned. I do inclines rarely but since my whole chest has grown my upper chest is big too. I think it is good to hit exercises at different angles as well.

I think they should do an experiment where theres 3 groups of people that train chest. Group A trains only decline presses, Group B trains both declin, flat and incline and Group 3 only trains Incline.

kinda random... but are there actually different parts that you should train on your pecs? like i kno there is pectorals major and pectorals minor or something like that, but is doing inclines opposed to declines or flat BB/DB bench press going to hit a diff part of your chest?

kinda random... but are there actually different parts that you should train on your pecs? like i kno there is pectorals major and pectorals minor or something like that, but is doing inclines opposed to declines or flat BB/DB bench press going to hit a diff part of your chest?

basically when u hit ur chest youre hitting your whole chest. if you do inclines you are putting MORE stress on your shoulders uand upper pecs, but your whole chest still grows. Have you ever seen someone with too big of an upper chest? not really. have you ever seen someone with a huge chest but no upper chest? no

the chest does not have differant heads like the biceps do so I dont see how you would hit differant parts. But the thing is that the days after dips I have had very bad DOMS in my lower chest, and the days after I did pullovers and cable crossovers for the first time the outter part of my chest was sore as fuck...

So, what's your opinion?

Many people think incline presses help build the upper pecs. Others think that it's useless. Still others think that decline presses build the upper pecs.

So what do you think is the best way to build upper pecs?

I think this has much to do with genetic structure, which means there is no right answer. It depends on body type. For me, I never liked inclines 'till just recently because I cannot perform the flat as well as i could years ago.

I definitely believe in incline presses and flyes for the clavicular portion of the pecs. I also started using reverse grip bench presses for upper chest, as EMG studies show 40% greater fiber activation than even inclines! I do them rather light on a Smith and it crushes my upper chest!

I really only do inclines anymore. Switch between dbs, hammer, and smith.

I remember hearing a long time ago, that if you focus too much on the lower chest, you will have saggy pecs as you age. Don't know if there's any truth to it or not, but so far, so good.

I really only do inclines anymore. Switch between dbs, hammer, and smith.

I remember hearing a long time ago, that if you focus too much on the lower chest, you will have saggy pecs as you age. Don't know if there's any truth to it or not, but so far, so good.

lol dude thats retarded, youll have saggy tits from not working out, or not having enough testosterone in your body to maintain your muscle mass

Inclines work well for upper chest, if your upper chest is lagging, I suggest doing incline movements first on your chest day. It allows you to move heavier loads and hopefully build more mass in the upper. Worked well for me anyways.

Top Bottom