Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Update

strongsmartsexy said:
Are 3 reps enough? I've noticed this before, but have always been under the impression that at least 5 reps were needed.

I think three is fine. The problem with doing higher reps on deadlift is your form tends to break down unless you are using light weights. In my mind the point of deadlifting isn't to use light weights.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
4/9 Legs

Deadlifts
warm-up
315x3
405x3
405x3
405x3 (all easy will go up next time)

Leg Press
400x8
600x8
800x8

Leg raises
bwx6x3

Had to cut the workout short to meet a friend for dinner. Also got to the gym late since my afternoon nap lasted longer than expected. Got sent home from work at noon and decided to get some rest to make up for the night before :evil: .

Cheers,
Scotsman

All I ever hear from you is excuses. Next time you had best tell that friend that you are going to be lifting and will have to meet them later. :) Good work on the lifts.

MacroMammaryPhilia said:
All I ever hear from you is excuses. Next time you had best tell that friend that you are going to be lifting and will have to meet them later. :) Good work on the lifts.

You're just mad I wasn't meeting you for dinner. By the way see you tonight.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
4/9 Legs
Had to cut the workout short to meet a friend for dinner. Also got to the gym late since my afternoon nap lasted longer than expected. Got sent home from work at noon and decided to get some rest to make up for the night before :evil: .

Cheers,
Scotsman

Look who is taking the naps now,lol. Nice DL's but c'mon who you joking with the weight like that I know you could have had 455x3 with ease... Keep up the hard work

Scotsman said:
I think three is fine. The problem with doing higher reps on deadlift is your form tends to break down unless you are using light weights. In my mind the point of deadlifting isn't to use light weights.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I deadlift 415lbs, which I think is light weight, but I tend to get around 8ish reps. When I push for more I can just get 3 or 4. If it's useful for me to do less reps I'm not opposed to doing that. I just would not want to find myself losing out because of it.

315 x 12 - 15
365 x 12
415 x 8ish
415 x 6ish

Lord_Suston said:
Look who is taking the naps now,lol. Nice DL's but c'mon who you joking with the weight like that I know you could have had 455x3 with ease... Keep up the hard work

Yeah I took a break from deads and am not goin to go running into it and hurt myself. :worried:

Cheers,
Scotsman

strongsmartsexy said:
I deadlift 415lbs, which I think is light weight, but I tend to get around 8ish reps. When I push for more I can just get 3 or 4. If it's useful for me to do less reps I'm not opposed to doing that. I just would not want to find myself losing out because of it.

315 x 12 - 15
365 x 12
415 x 8ish
415 x 6ish

Yeah I would definetly go with less reps and a bit more weight. 12 is super high for reps on deads IMO.

Cheers,
Scotsman

4/12 Chest

Bench:
warm-up
225x5
315x3
365x1
405x1 P fucking R
315x6

Hammer strength press
300x8
400x8
400x8

Machine flyes and rear delts.

Wendy's
classic triple with cheese
biggie fries
biggie dr pepper
1 order chicken nuggets
1 frosty

I lifted huge and ate like a fat kid.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
4/12 Chest

Bench:
warm-up
225x5
315x3
365x1
405x1 P fucking R
315x6

Hammer strength press
300x8
400x8
400x8

Machine flyes and rear delts.

Wendy's
classic triple with cheese
biggie fries
biggie dr pepper
1 order chicken nuggets
1 frosty

I lifted huge and ate like a fat kid.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Fucking awesome brother!! Is that the first time you hit 405? Mustve been an awesome fucking feeling!! Great work brother! Inspiring the fuck out of me to get back! 455 soon!! Train Or Fuckin Die!!!!

Top Bottom