Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TUNA the protein killer!

Ten years ago the scare existed about mercury in Tuna. At the same time I ate 10 can of Tuna a day, no lie. Mercury can effect your nervous system and mind. I had no side effects then, nor now ten years later. Stop worrying and eat as much tuna as you can bear. My greatest gains came from eating lots of Tuna. Better gains than drinking protein drinks, eggs, whey, or beef. Not to say the Tuna supply is getting lower in the oceans, but that's another story in itself.

Lady at work was in the hospital a week as she was eating 3-4 cans a day for the better part of a year and the mercury build up screwed her health up baaaaad

some cans of tuna have no mercury. some have tons.

unless you go and have it tested now way to know.. so yeah you can eat 8 cans of day and have no problem theoretically.

you can also catch fish from the ocean and it is riddled with mercury. just depends where you catch them. here in FL they have mercury warnings all the time up. we have people get hospitalized for too much mercury (mostly Asians who eat a lot of wild fish and do not understand the warnings).. happens all the time.

now if you buy farm raised fish from the store now you are getting hormones and steroids in low doses.

in conclusion I will take a little mercury from wild fish over farm raised hormones ANYDAY. plus wild tastes so much better, they feed farm raised fish processed trash.

fish once or twice a week is fine, unless you plan on living to 120.. the mercury buildup in the body will not bother you.

Tuna has .38 parts per MILLION of mercury according to FDA data. Well, well, well below the acceptable guidelines for human consumption. I once went SIX MONTHS eating eight cans every single day, WITHOUT EXAGGERATION, and was absolutely fine in every way.

Yeah and a lady I worked with ate a couple of cans a day for the same period and ended up in the hospital from it... Mercury concentration is like anything else, it varies wildly by area. Just like Boron, air quality, population density, everything. It's not a 'everything on earth has the exact same amount of mercury' thing.

OMG, that's tuna out the window then.... All these supposedly healthy foods have more rubbish in them than junk food does. I'll bet a chocolate bar doesn't have mercury in it.

OMG, that's tuna out the window then.... All these supposedly healthy foods have more rubbish in them than junk food does. I'll bet a chocolate bar doesn't have mercury in it.

Lol go eat 8 candy bars a day then and see what happens

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Yeah and a lady I worked with ate a couple of cans a day for the same period and ended up in the hospital from it... Mercury concentration is like anything else, it varies wildly by area. Just like Boron, air quality, population density, everything. It's not a 'everything on earth has the exact same amount of mercury' thing.

Maybe she was an unhealthy cow to begin with? Luckily, as long as there is no Kryptonite in the can, it will be alright for me, hahaha! You're right I suppose about the mercury concentration varying. I always go with all white albacore name brand.

Top Bottom