Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TUNA the protein killer!

that's canned tuna everyone is talking about...what about fresh tuna. you guys think its all the same? I love fresh tuna.

that's canned tuna everyone is talking about...what about fresh tuna. you guys think its all the same? I love fresh tuna.

Yah, but I think that's because its the type cheapest and easiest for us to eat. But mercury is very dense and settles to the bottom of the ocean floor. As it is taken in by the fish that feed of the floor it is stored in their fat. Therefore the fish that live longest get some of the highest concentrations of mercury in their bodies. Tuna feed off bottom feeders and therefore get fairly high concentrations of mercury in their bodies(Credit my Biochem Professor - we just recently talked about this in class). So I feel like whether it was canned or fresh wouldn't change this.

That being said... I eat a can of tuna everyday. I think you would need to eat quite a bit for it to actually become a serious threat. The real threat is to smaller children, who such small concentrations could still effect, because they are much smaller than us. So I wouldn't recommend feeding your four year old a can a day (if you can get them to eat it). It could potentially build up over time and lead to brain damage.

And if your with me on eating tuna, little good sandwhich recipe I found today:

1 Can Albacore tuna, two slices whole wheat bread, handfull of organic spring lettuce mix, and a tablespoon of light balsamic vinagrette. I spread the balsamic into the bread, and then put the tuna on the bread, spread it around and put the lettuce on top. Delicious!

Top Bottom