Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This article proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that sony is facking retarded...

Re: This article proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that sony is facking retarde

meh, I'd rather go out to the batting cages than control some pixels with a controller. I'd rather go to the driving range or go play a round of golf than control a pixel generating rendition of tiger.

Do you like the ps3? I mean besides your baseball game, what else do you play on it?

I have all 3 consoles, but my PS3 definitely gets used the most. With the HDMI hook ups the audio sounds 10x better than my 360 through my home stereo, so any and all music gets played through the PS3. I play all my movies on the PS3 too, blu-ray and reg dvds. I stress every time I turn my 360 on that I'll see the red rings of death, that's never a concern when I turn my PS3 on.

Oh, and I HATE shooters, which is 90% of the games released on the 360.

Re: This article proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that sony is facking retarde

SONY dominates, anyone who says different is jealous or can't afford one of their products

sour grapes at its finest

The red ring of death can be solved by opening the console and adding more thermal paste/artic silver between the main processor and the heatsink fan... couple of friends ahve fixed this known issue that way ^_^

I dunno. I peruse xbox forums (shh don't tell hot chicks) and there seems to be no 100% sure-fire method. Even the NEW xbox's still have that problem!

r

This kid knows the drill..

Fucking Princess Bride style sandtraps.

and should fire all their top management working for the game division "IMMEDIATELY".

Sony says PS3 Intentionally Hard for Developers - Tom's Guide

That's what you could call foolish pride. But really by the end of this generation they'll have by far the most technically impressive games. Hell they're already starting to show it. Killzone 2 was only putting the Cell chip under 60% load at most at a steady 30 fps.

What puzzles me is that considering how much more difficult the PS3 is to develop for you would think they'd still be lagging behind the developer-friendly Xbox 360's technical capabilities. It will be like the PS2 all over again. Nobody would've thought that system could've churned out the God of War games, but they ended up rivaling 360 launch titles.

The 360 has been called the ideal platform to develop for. What sucks is that they haven't been capitalizing on that. Microsoft probably has deeper pockets than Sony, so hiring the best talent shouldn't be a problem. I did read them saying recently though that they "have something better than Killzone 2" that they plan on revealing soon, perhaps at E3. I hope so because it would suck to see the 360 burn out so quickly.

And now you know why it took YEARS for software developers to start creating half decent games - when xbox 360 games came kicking ass right out of the starting gate.

Microsoft has Microsoft DNA, DirectX, OpenGL - all kinds of goodies and resources. Xbox, Computer gaming industry all use those. Companies have a bitch of a time finding ps3 developers - cuz most developers hate developing on a sony platform. And now you know why.

btw: Sony's SDK isn't "hard", just that Sony refuses to put out half decent documentation in English. All the good stuff is in Japanese - so what he's saying is "We make it hard for American developers, so our developers have the upper hand at develpoing our games. We do that cuz we are a racist bunch of fucks who sexually harass our female employees all day".

If xbox360 didn't have the Red Ring of Death problem and Gates hadn't fucked up the HD vs BluRay war - ps3 would've been destroyed by now.

r

Not exactly. Insomniac, Infinity Ward, Criterion, Naughty Dog, all in the first year of the PS3's lifespan put out games either equaling or surpassing what was available on a console at that given point in time. All Western (or English) developers.

For example, Uncharted was released a year after the PS3 launched-
Game Anyone? - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Game Video Walkthroughs
It's still by far considered the best looking game on a console.

You just need people who know their craft, and they've made those who don't look foolish and amateur by comparison. Also, nobody has to code for PS3 if they don't want to. All the bitching about coding nightmares could be easily avoided. Take Valve for instance. They laugh when people ask if any of their games will have a PS3 version, because they're a PC dev and a damned good one. Why change?

well said. And did you read that sony has a 10 year plan for the ps3? Like they won't do another system till 2016......wow, now you know why they make the system hard to develop for...so they lock up game developers making games that take 4-5 years to make. That business model is going to take them down in flames, and I'm glad.

Lol, damn man what did Sony do to you? Those are some pretty outlandish statements. Guerrilla started development on Killzone 2 after the CGI trailer in spring of '05. That was by far the longest incubation for any PS3 game to date, and was still less than 4 years. It also turned out to look better than the CGI trailer so most would say it was worth it. The 10 year plan is mostly right though, and if you asked consumers most of them would agree it's a good thing.

Not exactly. Insomniac, Infinity Ward, Criterion, Naughty Dog, all in the first year of the PS3's lifespan put out games either equaling or surpassing what was available on a console at that given point in time. All Western (or English) developers.

For example, Uncharted was released a year after the PS3 launched-
Game Anyone? - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Game Video Walkthroughs
It's still by far considered the best looking game on a console.

You just need people who know their craft, and they've made those who don't look foolish and amateur by comparison. Also, nobody has to code for PS3 if they don't want to. All the bitching about coding nightmares could be easily avoided. Take Valve for instance. They laugh when people ask if any of their games will have a PS3 version, because they're a PC dev and a damned good one. Why change?

Games make a console, but if the game is good - it can be good on ANY console.

and if it's good on a console, imagine how GREAT it would've been if the developers didn't spend 50% of their time digging through crappy documentation trying to figure out how to make sprite A move towards sprite B.

Since PC games are the easiest to develop - it's no surprise why any SERIOUS gamer will always prefer PC gaming over consoles. The games are 10000x better since the tools for PC gaming development are far far more mature and tested. Allowing companies to spend more time being creative than figuring out how to move Sprite A towards Sprite B. You won't see World of Warcraft on PS3 anymore. And more people play WoW every night than PS3 people play in a week.

A console maker gains NOTHING by making it harder for people to develop games on their system - except making it easier for your competitors. This seems nothing like control, similar to how Apple is the only people allowed to make apply computers. Seems Sony wanted to shut-out developers, perhaps strong-arm a more higher-fee'd subscription services, their own japanse gaming division, who knows what their plan was.

r

Top Bottom