Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This article proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that sony is facking retarded...

Re: This article proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that sony is facking retarde

Even with that logic - PC games > Console games. You will NEVER see a World of Warcraft or Everquest on a ps3.

Hell, more people play mafia wars on myspace than any ps3 game any night!

PC > Consoles. Keyboard/Mouse > Joysticks.

r

This
is where it's at-

QUAKE LIVE

No console game will ever come close to something like this. Ever.

Re: This article proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that sony is facking retarde

and this is why I never bought a 360. I'll play it over at friends houses, but i"m not paying for shit like that. That's why I'm not a fanboy, I really don't like this generation of consoles whatsoever. I've played good games on the 360 and the wii, but nothing that would prompt me to actually buy one.

I can understand your mindset.... I'm all about the PC shooters.

There ain't no twitch skill using a controller. That's what I don't understand about your argument for a controller w/ a PC?

Why? The entire point is the mouse and WASD action. You can do so much more at once. I bought the xbox because all of my friends don't want to drop a couple a G on a prime PC to play the game online. What sucks is, that I dominated online hard for a very long time. Then all my friends dropped off, had to learn shit all over again w/ a stupid controller :)

I'm lucky enough to make enough money to afford both....

I dunno. I peruse xbox forums (shh don't tell hot chicks) and there seems to be no 100% sure-fire method. Even the NEW xbox's still have that problem!

r

What happens is that in order to cheapen the production of the systems they are using the lowest quality thermal paste ever (might as well put some toothpaste on the damn thing xD) so if you crank it open and change for some really good quality artic silver the problem will pretty much be gone, I work with some really hardcore geeks and gamers (must shamefully admit I'm sort of one too :qt:) we work in Alienware so as per tech goes my coworkers have tried eveything to fix their xbox to get it to game right for hours and this has seemed to be the trick, they've bought some really cheap ones online with this issue and have fixed them and resold :eek:

I have all 3 consoles, but my PS3 definitely gets used the most. With the HDMI hook ups the audio sounds 10x better than my 360 through my home stereo, so any and all music gets played through the PS3. I play all my movies on the PS3 too, blu-ray and reg dvds. I stress every time I turn my 360 on that I'll see the red rings of death, that's never a concern when I turn my PS3 on.

Oh, and I HATE shooters, which is 90% of the games released on the 360.

"With the HDMI hook ups"???

You realize that the xbox 360's have this hook up also right???

What happens is that in order to cheapen the production of the systems they are using the lowest quality thermal paste ever (might as well put some toothpaste on the damn thing xD) so if you crank it open and change for some really good quality artic silver the problem will pretty much be gone, I work with some really hardcore geeks and gamers (must shamefully admit I'm sort of one too :qt:) we work in Alienware so as per tech goes my coworkers have tried eveything to fix their xbox to get it to game right for hours and this has seemed to be the trick, they've bought some really cheap ones online with this issue and have fixed them and resold :eek:

Make a youtube video if it's a 100% solution. Microsoft may be interetsed too, since even they can't figure out a solution and keep sending back units that wind up having the same damn problem!!

r

I can understand your mindset.... I'm all about the PC shooters.

There ain't no twitch skill using a controller. That's what I don't understand about your argument for a controller w/ a PC?

Why? The entire point is the mouse and WASD action. You can do so much more at once. I bought the xbox because all of my friends don't want to drop a couple a G on a prime PC to play the game online. What sucks is, that I dominated online hard for a very long time. Then all my friends dropped off, had to learn shit all over again w/ a stupid controller :)

I'm lucky enough to make enough money to afford both....

I think he was talking about sports games/fighting games/etc.

Anyway, you and your buddies can build a PC that puts the 360 to shame for what a PS3 cost at launch. It's a big damn myth that you need anything more than around a grand to build a kick ass gaming PC. Anything more than that and you're probably just paying for a name (ie Alien Ware). And stay the hell away from vendor rigs!

how good are those graphics hansel? It looks like the system requirements are pretty low.....?>?

Dude I was running it at just 800x600 (windowed in Firefox) and it blew away Quake 3, which I think is what it's based off of. ID has struck gold with this idea.

"With the HDMI hook ups"???

You realize that the xbox 360's have this hook up also right???

Xbox 360 only supports 1.2 HDMI, whereas PS3 supports 1.3. The higher bandwidth gives you double the color support up to 48 bit, vs 24 with 1.2. Data transfer rates are also doubled, as well as supporting little things like "lip sync" support, which automatically synchronizes audio and video tracks regardless of the playback speed.

How come whenever there's a video game discussion - no chicks post?

These stereotypes have GOT to change. Or maybe we can merge video games and 'is he cheating on me?' threads.

r

Top Bottom