Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The real story of what happened to the guys lost in the gulf. (very sad)

As for those guys who died, there are so many factors to consider. Were they drinking? Stoned? Did they have ultra-low bodyfat levels (that can really hurt you when you're trying to fend off hypothermia)? Were they really weak swimmers? These could have been factors.

Or it could just be that the one that lived was genetically predisposed to overcoming physical and psychological stresses. I just read about a study where they compared regular military troops to ultra-elite forces in a situation that simulated being a POW...very hardcore food and sleep deprivation, beatings, ect...and they found a common physiological trait that the ultra-elite troops posessed that allowed them to function better under adversity. It's very possible that the guy that survived had the 'cool under pressure' trait of higher levels of NPY (a neuropeptide). Link here for those who are interested: Ultimate Stress Test: Special Forces Training | Newsweek Health for Life | Newsweek.com

Know what the ultimate stress is? Be married, be 30+ and fat, have lotsa debt, and then run out of money and job :)

r

Know what the ultimate stress is? Be married, be 30+ and fat, have lotsa debt, and then run out of money and job :)

r

Know what? If that situation happens to a guy who's married but has no kids, it might be the best thing that ever happened to him.

-financial strain causes the wife to leave him, which is fine with him because their marriage has been a sham for years. Since he's got no job...he owes no alimony going forward...and half the debt belongs to her as he waltzes out the door

-getting suddenly single motivates this guy to get into shape like never before

-all that energy from being single and working out all the time, plus the shock of the job loss forcing him to think outside of the box for the first time in years allows this guy to either land or create a job he actually loves (he was miserable at the last job, naturally)

Ok, sure...a lot of guys in that situation are going to seriously consider heading out to the garage, fashioning a noose from an extension cord, and ending it all. But for the positive thinkers out there...it could turn out much better.

Unless you've treaded rough open water with no land in sight for more than 30-45 minutes it's pretty pointless to say what you think you would do.

if super athletes reacted like this, then the avg ef cubicle warrior woulda faired even worse

still reading this is still so tragic, no matter what happened

have some respect

Guess it it just beyond my mind to give up like that. Obviously I have no clue what your mind would do to you.

But 2-4 hours? What the.......I can see 2-4 days.......

Regardless, very sad. Feel horrible for the guy that survived. Said he just kept picturing his mom at his funeral. Prolly need something like that to focus on to manage to get through it. When I first read the story I though okay, big deal, dude hung on to a boat for a day or so...then they were saying how he was in critical condition, etc....did not see that one coming - nor how the situation played out.

Straight up from a horror film.....

Sad for the survivors, but I still speculate that there was a large degree of dumbassery involved.

Top Bottom