Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The real story of what happened to the guys lost in the gulf. (very sad)

Very sad, but very stupid at the same time.

I fish quite a bit in a 22 ft bay boat. I routinely go 20-25 miles out in the summer with a single out board. I always leave a float plan with either my dad or my uncle. When planning your trip you must check the weather and seas for two days out. Sometimes the swell will hit a day early. If I'm going out on a Monday and Wednesdays forecast is calling for 4-6 ft seas I stay inshore. These guys acted reckless by attempting to go so far out in the gulf with an approaching storm. I feel really sorry for these guys and their family, but this could have all been avoided with a little common sense.

I with this guy. My father lives on Pine Island. He has a 26'9" catamaran with a single motor. Rips on plane. And it can handle some rough stuff also. We talked about this situation. He said and I quote "if it isn't as smooth as glass in the morning and the weather is good for two or three days out you wouldn't catch his fucking ass out there." I quoted him on that. Plus, with 6+ swells up to 10 WTF was the anchor down for? Hello? To me that is saying something.

I really can't help to wonder if any off them had any experience at all.

May they R.I.P and I feel for their families.

And catch ya's in April...... My last post til then. LATR

Clearly these guys had no respect for the water.

The Old Grump and I want to retire on a boat (he's done it before).
apparently he didn't do it very well because he's back.

shrimp ... you are with a group of people that can scoop you out of the water in an instant if something goes wrong .. now imagine doing your job coming up and nobody being there. That sense of security goes a long way. These guys were in the middle of a stormy ocean with nothing but an overturned boat. I sure as hell wouldnt consider them pussys.

Personally I'm so afraid of sharks I would have made it to shore without even touching water. Michael Phelps wouldn't have had shit on me.

fuckin pussys is all i can say i worked in the gulf for 8 yrs as a certified wet welder/commercial diver and i have been in situations where i was in water 40 degress for hours and yes it sucks but u never just give up like that that story sounds fishy as hell

bla bla bla...I've been in 38 degree water (diving) in a five mil semi-dry and I forgot how to multiply. It's totally different.

None of us can pass judgement without being in that exact situation. You and i have been protected against the elements...these guys were not.

Last edited:
Personally I'm so afraid of sharks I would have made it to shore without even touching water. Michael Phelps wouldn't have had shit on me.

I thought blaque people couldn't swim? I figured that's what happened to the two NFL players.

All kidding aside this (if true) is simultaneously one of the saddest yet most inspiring stories Ive heard in a long while.

People do crazy things when under stress.

When I took arctic survival classes we had a mountain ranger from Maine give us a class on what to do when lost in the woods in the winter. The big thing was not panic and to make sure you walk in a straight line to where you think you need to go. Why?

Every person they find lost out in the snow does the same thing. First they panic, then they walk in circles (big circles so they do not know they are walking in circles). When dementia sets in they get frantic, sweat and take off their clothes. Then they freeze. Once they start freezing they lose it and most end up holding or hugging onto things like trees or rocks. He told us that many times they would find people who have little clothes on hugging trees and rocks and they would be so frozen you would literally have to pry them off of the tree.

He said these people are easy to find once you find their tracks. They then follow the tracks and find clothing items thrown off. Then they find the frozen bodies.

Hypothermia can also cause dementia. Those guys out there in the water probably lost their senses and had no clue what they were doing.

Remember: don't panic, stay calm.

What happened to 'stay exactly where you are'?

r

Top Bottom