Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The real story of what happened to the guys lost in the gulf. (very sad)

L

lartinos

(taken from pft)
Rarely if ever do I struggle to start writing one of these items. But I’ve spent the past several minutes at a complete loss for words.

Apparently, Nick Schuyler has informed authorities that each of the other three men who were on the 21-foot fishing boat that capsized off the Gulf Coast of Florida voluntarily removed their life jackets.

Within two to four hours after the boat flipped, one of the two NFL players, Marquis Cooper of the Raiders and Corey Smith of the Lions, removed his life jacket and allowed himself to drift out to sea.

Then, a few hours later, the other NFL player did the same.

Finally, on Monday morning, Bleakley thought he saw a light in the distance. So he removed his life jacket and swam to it in an effort to get help.

“I think he was delusional to think he could swim someplace,” Bob Bleakley said.

This news makes the tragedy even more horrific. If they only had stayed together on the hull of the boat, they all would have been saved.

But the psychological burdens of such circumstances are surely very heavy, and reality like becomes twisted and distorted very quickly.

So, again, pray for the families of the men who were lost. But also pray for Nick Schuyler, who will carry the guilt that goes along with being the only survivor of the tragedy, and that goes along with the fact he wasn’t able to convince three of his friends to refuse to surrender.

Unless you've treaded rough open water with no land in sight for more than 30-45 minutes it's pretty pointless to say what you think you would do.

Unless you've treaded rough open water with no land in sight for more than 30-45 minutes it's pretty pointless to say what you think you would do.

Hey, I hear you on people talking smack about what they would do with NO CLUE about actually being in the situation. Got the T-shirt an everything...

That is why I am thinking I misunderstood. The boat capsized and they were all wearing life-vests? So didn't the one survivor say that they could all have clung to the hull of the boat?

I couldn't imagine being in such a situation regardless but I am really surprized all the same that of 4 only one fought to stay alive.

They were getting washed away from the boat by the waves and constantly having to swim back to it; swallowing sea water (which is deadly to drink) the whole time. The water temperature in the area is about 62 degrees, low enough to induce hypothermia after several hours.

To make it you need to be OUT of the water like so...

rescue.jpg

All four of them couldn't have done that at the same time.

2 hours and you've already given up on life??? WTF? It takes the coast guard longer than that just to get airborne.

r

Top Bottom