Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Mirror DOES Lie To Me....

*golf clap* Very nice post.

...and VS doesn't carry 40A either. They have undershirts though! :D

Puddles that was a wonderful post. :)

I have to tell ya, you are one hell of an insperation. For a woman that has gone from 214 to 150 (I believe that is right from what I have read) at 5'3 is wonderful. It shows how much dedication you have. Great job.

I know I have said all this before it just helps hearing stories like yours. Sorry, if I keep going on.

By the way, you have one hell of an ass. ;)

NDGirl

ATrollFromTheFatBoard said:
PS. Obviously no one is shopping at Victoria's Secret. I wear size 38D, and I LOVE their bras!!

I have ordered from VS even though they ship internationally via UPS only and I end up paying duty on the orders - because they have a NICE selection up to 36D. Most larger sizes here are really lacy and lumpy, I prefer "younger" styles (the satin bras in hawaian floral print for instance) despite my ample chest.

Thank you for the post, Troll, I needed to be reminded. I try to think that way but have got off-course lately. I do much better by enjoying my achievements and using them as a motivational base to do more than by beating myself up over lapses.

Troll, I have to agree with you on that some woman don't accept themselves for who they are.

I have to say though that most of these woman on here have high goals and at times it gets a little frustrating when you aren't there yet. I know right now I am frustrated. I have been at this goal for almost two months know. I am sticking with it, but at times I look at myself and think man I still look the same. When I now that I don't. I am firmer and I have to keep reminding myself that I am building muscle that is way I still look a little big. I have started doing Spatts cutting diet last week and it helping out a lot. (thank you Spatts) :)

You will see that on the womans board we will post a thread and it ends up like this one, once in a while. Just so that we can all vent and let it out. We are like family here. Even though I am new. These ladies have taught me alot. They have motivated me and inspired me in so many ways.

I am glad you are sticking with it Troll. It is hard, and you will struggle at times. Just know that all of us are hear and cheering you on.

Good Luck on everything

NDGirl

Last edited:
I know that most of you folks have a positive attitude about what you're doing.

But Puddles. Please.

Is that you in your avatar???

How can you POSSIBLY not like yourself naked????

You are being wayyyy too hard on yourself. I bet you are beautiful.

You and I are different. I couldn't do shit as far as getting in shape UNTIL I accepted my body the way it is. The way I look at it, I have just inhaled some magic substance that will prevent me from ever gaining or losing another pound. No matter what I do, I will always weigh and look the same. That, however, does not excuse me from exercising and trying to eat better, because I am going to be alone at age 80 and having to take care of myself, at the poverty level no doubt and with no money for health care, and diabetes and heart disease aren't going to help me do that.

So, if I gain weight ... I still have to exercise!! If I lose weight ... I still have to exercise!!! And if it gets too easy ... I have to change the programme so I am doing more!! If motivation is COMPLETELY uncoupled from the way I look, then I never stop exercising ... right??

I understand many people use hatred of the way they look today as a motivating factor. But me, if I ever see 150 again, I think I'll skip the hating the way I look after losing ... oh, 70 lbs?? To me that makes NO sense at all.

Women are trained from birth to hate their bodies in the mirror. Cut yourself a grain of slack, girl!

Why do I hate the naked mirror immage...because after all of the hard work, my boobs sag to the point that I look like an old lady and my belly looks like I just gave birth, all soft and mushy and it sags, not to mention the array of stretch marks I got when I was pregnant that look worse now since the skin is wrinkly by them. I can't wear high cut panties or bathing suits because of the lower belly problem. I also fall out of lower cut bras. It's just sooo damn frustrating.

I've been planning on a tummy tuck and a breastlift with implants for months and having difficulties finding a doctor who's work I like and who I can afford.

Last edited:
MrsPuddlesFL said:
Why do I hate the naked mirror immage...because after all of the hard work, my boobs sag to the point that I look like an old lady and my belly looks like I just gave birth, all soft and mushy and it sags, not to mention the array of stretch marks I got when I was pregnant that look worse now since the skin is wrinkly by them. I can't wear high cut panties or bathing suits because of the lower belly problem. I also fall out of lower cut bras. It's just sooo damn frustrating.

I've been planning on a tummy tuck and a breastlift with implants for months and having difficulties finding a doctor who's work I like and who I can afford.

Troll- When were acertain size and never think we can reach a certain point we ALL say that we would be happy if we could just SEE that "certain" size. The truth of the matter is, when you work your ASSHOLE off and you do see results and YES your happy, but you still have problems as you did when you were bigger. Your thin, but you still cant wear the cute lil clothes that you want to wear. Your thin, but you cant wear that bikini. SO it is something at that point that you say MAN! When will i ever win at this game??

Puddles doesn't hate herself nor do I... Actually we both are very pround of how far we have come, but there are issues sometimes that we just need to vent out, it makes us feel a sense of ease to hear other stories like our own... Some people call it Petty... I call it Therapy.:)

Last edited:
I call them TROPHIES.

If you hadn't lost the weight, you wouldn't have the skin folds.

Favorite quote from a woman with gray hair: "Yes, I'm keeping it gray!! I worked hard for every damn one of them!!"

LOL. That isn't to say you shouldn't have plastic surgery if you really want it. Go for it and good luck.

LOL Trophies! Funny. ;) I used to have bowling trophies...they got rusty so I threw them out.

I've had gray hair since I was 16. I'm 36 now and about 50% or more gray in the hair that borders my face....I've been dying it since I was 18. A couple of years ago I let it grow out so that about an inch of root was showing just so I could see how gray it had become...I was so shocked I laid my head on the scanner and took a pic, then promptly went to the drug store, bought some color and it's been covered again since then.

Top Bottom