Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Chronicles of Lestat

needtogetaas said:
I remember the bomb squad days. Good way for a drunken fool to have some fun. I sobered up and got to thinken it ant no fun since I quit drinken. :)
haha, i bombed sober, it was only fun because of how big of a deal some people made of it. lumberg in particular acted like someone fucked his sister.

the original post went into too many directions.
too many different topics, some good thoughts but they shoulda been broken down into different threads.
the most fascinating aspect of your ramble is the rebirth, so to speak, of e-careers on the a/a/s forum.
needto, for example, by his own admission, was a violent drunk who couldn't spell his own name or meatloaf. then he started posting more on the a/a/s board, cleaned up his grammar, sobered up and now look at him...a champion of teen and elderly juicers alike.
he's got a deep crew now, pretty much unstoppable.
and same with omega...got flamed pretty hard here for a while, constantly had pics of shit posted in his honour, and eventually lost his modship. so he eased off c@c, developed a deep post count next door, and slowly created a supplement and training mini-empire. mess with him or needto now and likely you will have admin heat along with a gaggle of juicers ready to ride for their e-heros.
the real question is how long will it last? e-ballers have historically had a short run at the top...radar, satch, and fonz all come to mind.
once highly admired and touted, now in shame.
so the future is not certain.
discuss

Last edited:
Good thread Lestat!

Me and Digz have different styles of Administration, I think we complement each other well. We have different ways of looking at things, and we appeal to different personalities. Some people like to deal with me and some like to deal with Digger much better. I think it is a perfect balance. ...

Its a good thing to have a couple of Admins running the site, instead of just one guy with all the power and responsibility...

Lestat said:
So I rarely spend my days thinking about EF, but some recent events here have got me thinking about it.

A big one is the revival of needto. He was the member who had a board dedicated to shit talking, and drew the attention of admin (BRR) who also went over there to talk some shit (and it wasn't pretty). Now the dude is adored by many. Juicers can't get enough of him. He's got his own gig going on, supplements, making cash hand over fist, etc.

That got me doing some self reflection. I've been here a while, generally well liked, but despised by a few. As with real life, you can't get everyone to love you. Period. Doesn't matter who you are, how nice you are, smart, giving, etc. There are some people who just won't jive with you. Some people can't deal with it, I can.

For example, in real life, I realized that I don't mesh well with ALL social circles. Most of them I do, some people I can become close with, other loose aquaintances but never more, and others you just have static with, even if both parties have good intentions.

For me the type of people i just can't stand are the overly cynical and sarcastic. You know that type? Loves the dryest of humor? Loves to bring happy people down. Sees others are simple minded while they are a genius? Think if someone could just "get it" they would see the world their way?

I used to be sort of like that. I've never been a fan of sarcasm though. I think its lame actually. People use it to be funny, or get attention, but its almost always negative. It doesn't generate the type of laughs that makes people feel good afterwards. Anyway, I was never that type, I was more the type that though I was the genius and if people could see things my way life would be better.

That is flawed thinking. For one, I'm no genius, there are millions of people in the world smarter than me, once you accept that fact things tend to get easier. I also realize that people share view and opinions for so many reasons its impossible to get everyone to agree on ANYTHING. Some people think rationally and logically (i'm more that way) others think more emotionally or empathetically. Others just march to the beat of their own drum.

Anyway, that got me thinking about EF, and my "career" here (lol). I wondered, how is it that I can get along so well with one admin (BRR) but be despised by another (digger). Is it me? Of course not, how could it be? They both know me primarily from my posts, its not like one is reading some and the other is reading different ones. I've PMed with both before. I've talked to BRR on the phone a couple times when getting plat memberships and what not as well, but by and large all of what he knows about me is from what he reads on here.

I realized, this is just a case where digger and I's styles just clash. I respect digger and his style. He's a pseudo alpha type. Loves to flex his muscle. Check fools right and left. The funny thing is, BRR is similar, loves to hand out a checking when called for, but is more relaxed, the strong quiet type of leader. Doesn't need fear and intimidation to garner respect.

A perfect example of how their styles, and attitudes on life in general differ is this. Let me take you back down memory lane for a mere moment.

You all remember the "Bomb Squad" basically I rounded up some e-friends and said hey, if 4 of us give a non plat a bomb (negative karma) its blacks them out for a day!! Lets have some fun and black out everyone we can!! Quite a few people signed up for this type of fun, at its peak 40 people, but we always had a solid group of about 10 who could be counted on to drop a bomb for no reason at all.

When I talked to BRR about it, I still remember his comment to this day. "Damn, you guys are eating that bombing shit up!" he laughed at how us grown ass men were using the bombs for fun. Even paying for plat alters to drop more! He laughed it off. Afterall, did he expect to roll out the functionality and NOT have it tested to the limits?

Digger was the opposite. Basically called me immature (a position that MANY people on the boards shared with him about me). made all kinds of veiled threats and what not. Talked about laying smack down. Encouraged mod retaliation, etc.

So there is an example where digger and BRR reacted in EXACT opposite ways to the same behavior. Why is that? Is BRR just more easy going and digger is tightly wound? There has to be more to it than that.

The same goes for the board members. Many people had strong feelings on the bombs. Some thought they were funny. Some though they were a terrible idea. We bombed Hamstershaver and Lumburg and they absolutely lost their shit over it!!! While we bombed Allon and he took it in stride, even asked for more at times. Again, different people with opposite reactions to the same behavior.

The lesson to this in life is that it doesn't really matter what you do, some people will hate you for it, others may love you for it, what matters is how you feel about yourself at the end of the day.

With all the nonsense that goes on here, all the pseudo gay stuff, the inane talk, the psycho therapy sessions, the e-drama and e-couples, etc. etc. Why would anyone care about some silly bombs? That is not my place to ask really, the point is, some people did care, and that is ok, it would be weird if everyone embraced them with the same zeal that I once did.

Now, with karma changes, any plat member can singlehandedly black out and non plat member. ANd with the karma store you can black ANYONE out you want. of course people now have a defense through the karma store, but does it make it any less annoying? Now bombs can be dropped much quicker, the spread rate is less, but you rarely see them being used. The backlash to the initial bomb squad activity only fueled it to continue. Did the people who were complaining non stop not realize this, or did they really want to be part of the phenomena, but only on a different side of the war?

Anyway, back to real life, thanks for reading!

CLIFF NOTES:
GOOD BROS FOR LIFE!

im with you on bringing happy people down...i used to be a dick...a kind hearted dick, though. i had good intentions.

i still can be a dick from time to time and dabble in the rude sarcastic humor, but if i offend someone im quick to apologize.

id rather have everyone like me than hate me, iv decided,

if someone is willing to take the time to be my friend and wanna hang out, ill find something we both enjoy, and be their friend. why not?

lestat, wanna be friends?

SublimeZM said:
im with you on bringing happy people down...i used to be a dick...a kind hearted dick, though. i had good intentions.

i still can be a dick from time to time and dabble in the rude sarcastic humor, but if i offend someone im quick to apologize.

id rather have everyone like me than hate me, iv decided,

if someone is willing to take the time to be my friend and wanna hang out, ill find something we both enjoy, and be their friend. why not?

lestat, wanna be friends?
:heart:

good bro material!!!

I agree with your post man. I can still be a dick, don't always say the nicest things, but at the end of the day I want my existence to bring more happiness and fun to the world, not the opposite.

Seems like so many people out there are miserable, full of self loathing, and instead of doing something positive for themselves, they instead just try to drag others down to their level. Misery loves company!

Tirpitz said:
too many different topics, some good thoughts but they shoulda been broken down into different threads.
the most fascinating aspect of your ramble is the rebirth, so to speak, of e-careers on the a/a/s forum.
needto, for example, by his own admission, was a violent drunk who couldn't spell his own name or meatloaf. then he started posting more on the a/a/s board, cleaned up his grammar, sobering up and now look at him...a champion of teen and elderly juicers alike.
and same with omega...got flamed pretty hard here for a while, constantly had pics of shit posted in his honour, and eventually lost his modship. so he eased off c@c, developed a deep post count next door, and slowly created a supplement and training mini-empire. mess with him or needto now and likely you will have admin heat along with a gaggle of juicers ready to ride for their e-heros.
the real question is how long will it last? e-ballers have historically had a short run at the top...radar, satch, and fonz all come to mind.
discuss
great post here ^^^^

I gotta give OMEGA credit. He was in over his head here. drunk with mod power. couldn't separate his personal feelings and belief from his job as a mod or his supplement business, as a result EVERYTHING suffered. He moved on, we made amends. I still don't agree with the guy 100%, for example, I'm critical of "Illusion is not Delusion" but that has nothing to do with him personally, if anyone used that at their training motto I'd question it. I've got no axe to grind with him anymore.

I know my post was all over the place, just sort of a brain dump of thoughts and what not. Like I said, I don't spend a lot of offline time thinking about EF so I figured I'd get it all out now.

You are right about e-guru's and how long they live at the top. Good examples are the ones you listed, plus Nelson Montana (who has seen a revival of his own) Anthony Roberts, even other people like 2Thick who was stained by the Chemical Muscle exodus.

Anyway. I'm happy to report that as far as I can tell, digger and me are ok. He'd still love to ban me I'm sure, but he wouldn't the only one!

Tirpitz said:
needto, for example, by his own admission, was a violent drunk who couldn't spell his own name or meatloaf. then he started posting more on the a/a/s board, cleaned up his grammar, sobered up and now look at him...a champion of teen and elderly juicers alike.
discuss
You really think so.
:worried:

Lestat said:
great post here ^^^^

I gotta give OMEGA credit. He was in over his head here. drunk with mod power. couldn't separate his personal feelings and belief from his job as a mod or his supplement business, as a result EVERYTHING suffered. He moved on, we made amends. I still don't agree with the guy 100%, for example, I'm critical of "Illusion is not Delusion" but that has nothing to do with him personally, if anyone used that at their training motto I'd question it. I've got no axe to grind with him anymore.

I know my post was all over the place, just sort of a brain dump of thoughts and what not. Like I said, I don't spend a lot of offline time thinking about EF so I figured I'd get it all out now.

You are right about e-guru's and how long they live at the top. Good examples are the ones you listed, plus Nelson Montana (who has seen a revival of his own) Anthony Roberts, even other people like 2Thick who was stained by the Chemical Muscle exodus.

Anyway. I'm happy to report that as far as I can tell, digger and me are ok. He'd still love to ban me I'm sure, but he wouldn't the only one!

yeah nelson has had more than one comeback.
the rise dramatic fall of that ulter dude reserecuted nelson's e-career.
and speculation on the fabled pm circut indicates that needto's and omega's rise is closely tied in with ulter leaving.
once he and his clique left, it freed up marketing space for needto and omega.
now they've got the monopoly rights.
when they fall, the next bro will gain the coveted rights.
interesting cycle, much like the reign of a wiseguy boss.

and i think diggs has gotten snipped over the yrs, his lashings are more contained now. he's been reigned in, muzzled, if you will.
that's why you and him are "cool" not because of some new profound respect for you.
it really doesn't make much sense for the IT dude of EF to run off paying customers, hence the tighter control of diggs fingertips. it took a few yrs for the powers that be to grasp this, but i think they firmly have.
the board is relatively calm.

needtogetaas said:
You really think so.
:worried:
pure speculation, lies and pm rumours mixed into one shit post.
check my above post more lies and defamation lol

Top Bottom