Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Chronicles of Lestat

Thank god someone knows how to use paragraphs so I can actually read their post.

I think you're looking too deeply into the whole Digger and BRR thing. They aren't trying to be rulers, just administrators of the board. One is primarily in charge of customer support, one of programming or computer tech stuff. That helps one see where each comes from: BRR sees things from one angle -- say, people enjoying using a new bomb feature, and Digger from another angle -- say, people enjoying using a new bomb feature, lol. And I don't think either hates you. They're both admins here, but they have different jobs, and fulfill different functions for EF.

That said, that Logician guy needs to quit sleeping on the job and post more. *throws highlighter at Logician* HEY! Wake up, slacker!

BTW, for a deeper look into what holds atoms together, you can visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_force. :D

:cow:

LOL. I must say I enjoyed reading your post Lestat. You put a lot of thought and effort into it. It's something I would say, but I'm too lazy to put forth that type of effort. Good job!

Lestat said:
So I rarely spend my days thinking about EF, but some recent events here have got me thinking about it.

A big one is the revival of needto. He was the member who had a board dedicated to shit talking, and drew the attention of admin (BRR) who also went over there to talk some shit (and it wasn't pretty). Now the dude is adored by many. Juicers can't get enough of him. He's got his own gig going on, supplements, making cash hand over fist, etc.

That got me doing some self reflection. I've been here a while, generally well liked, but despised by a few. As with real life, you can't get everyone to love you. Period. Doesn't matter who you are, how nice you are, smart, giving, etc. There are some people who just won't jive with you. Some people can't deal with it, I can.

For example, in real life, I realized that I don't mesh well with ALL social circles. Most of them I do, some people I can become close with, other loose aquaintances but never more, and others you just have static with, even if both parties have good intentions.

For me the type of people i just can't stand are the overly cynical and sarcastic. You know that type? Loves the dryest of humor? Loves to bring happy people down. Sees others are simple minded while they are a genius? Think if someone could just "get it" they would see the world their way?

I used to be sort of like that. I've never been a fan of sarcasm though. I think its lame actually. People use it to be funny, or get attention, but its almost always negative. It doesn't generate the type of laughs that makes people feel good afterwards. Anyway, I was never that type, I was more the type that though I was the genius and if people could see things my way life would be better.

That is flawed thinking. For one, I'm no genius, there are millions of people in the world smarter than me, once you accept that fact things tend to get easier. I also realize that people share view and opinions for so many reasons its impossible to get everyone to agree on ANYTHING. Some people think rationally and logically (i'm more that way) others think more emotionally or empathetically. Others just march to the beat of their own drum.

Anyway, that got me thinking about EF, and my "career" here (lol). I wondered, how is it that I can get along so well with one admin (BRR) but be despised by another (digger). Is it me? Of course not, how could it be? They both know me primarily from my posts, its not like one is reading some and the other is reading different ones. I've PMed with both before. I've talked to BRR on the phone a couple times when getting plat memberships and what not as well, but by and large all of what he knows about me is from what he reads on here.

I realized, this is just a case where digger and I's styles just clash. I respect digger and his style. He's a pseudo alpha type. Loves to flex his muscle. Check fools right and left. The funny thing is, BRR is similar, loves to hand out a checking when called for, but is more relaxed, the strong quiet type of leader. Doesn't need fear and intimidation to garner respect.

A perfect example of how their styles, and attitudes on life in general differ is this. Let me take you back down memory lane for a mere moment.

You all remember the "Bomb Squad" basically I rounded up some e-friends and said hey, if 4 of us give a non plat a bomb (negative karma) its blacks them out for a day!! Lets have some fun and black out everyone we can!! Quite a few people signed up for this type of fun, at its peak 40 people, but we always had a solid group of about 10 who could be counted on to drop a bomb for no reason at all.

When I talked to BRR about it, I still remember his comment to this day. "Damn, you guys are eating that bombing shit up!" he laughed at how us grown ass men were using the bombs for fun. Even paying for plat alters to drop more! He laughed it off. Afterall, did he expect to roll out the functionality and NOT have it tested to the limits?

Digger was the opposite. Basically called me immature (a position that MANY people on the boards shared with him about me). made all kinds of veiled threats and what not. Talked about laying smack down. Encouraged mod retaliation, etc.

So there is an example where digger and BRR reacted in EXACT opposite ways to the same behavior. Why is that? Is BRR just more easy going and digger is tightly wound? There has to be more to it than that.

The same goes for the board members. Many people had strong feelings on the bombs. Some thought they were funny. Some though they were a terrible idea. We bombed Hamstershaver and Lumburg and they absolutely lost their shit over it!!! While we bombed Allon and he took it in stride, even asked for more at times. Again, different people with opposite reactions to the same behavior.

The lesson to this in life is that it doesn't really matter what you do, some people will hate you for it, others may love you for it, what matters is how you feel about yourself at the end of the day.

With all the nonsense that goes on here, all the pseudo gay stuff, the inane talk, the psycho therapy sessions, the e-drama and e-couples, etc. etc. Why would anyone care about some silly bombs? That is not my place to ask really, the point is, some people did care, and that is ok, it would be weird if everyone embraced them with the same zeal that I once did.

Now, with karma changes, any plat member can singlehandedly black out and non plat member. ANd with the karma store you can black ANYONE out you want. of course people now have a defense through the karma store, but does it make it any less annoying? Now bombs can be dropped much quicker, the spread rate is less, but you rarely see them being used. The backlash to the initial bomb squad activity only fueled it to continue. Did the people who were complaining non stop not realize this, or did they really want to be part of the phenomena, but only on a different side of the war?

Anyway, back to real life, thanks for reading!

CLIFF NOTES:
GOOD BROS FOR LIFE!

Stop with the nonsense and post chick pics

borris said:
i wish i was around during the bomb squad
cranking up the Enola Gay for a strafing/bomb run WAS kinda fun.... :artist: :evil:

Top Bottom