Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Starting out training

Tatyana

Elite Mentor
I have trained with weights on and off since the age of 16, but I didn't actually BODYBUILD until about 5 years ago.

There is a BIG difference between the two.

One thing that really frustrates me is seeing women in the gym lifting girlie weights.

I really want to go up to some of them and say, "OMG woman, you move more weight after a major shoe shopping trip, stop waving those dumbells around like you are flower arranging".

Far too many women waste WAY too much time in the gym training ineffectively, and then come to the conclusion that weight training doesn't make any difference.

I move some serious weight now, but when I started, there were some exercises that 4 kg dumbells or one or two plates on the cable machine were a SERIOUS effort.

And that is my point, it is the EFFORT you put in.

Just going through the motions of 3 sets of 12 reps is going to have MINIMAL results.

It doesn't matter if 2 pounds is heavy for you, as long as you are PUSHING yourself and progressively increasing the weight, changing up the number of sets and rep ranges, you will get the shape that you want.

I was really lucky that I found a great training partner when I started to train to compete in BBing, and he PUSHED me to lift more than I thought I could.

There is a mind set to bodybuilding that is often missing for so many people I see training in the gym, it is going to hurt sometimes, but it feels SO good after.

:)

Tatyana said:
I have trained with weights on and off since the age of 16, but I didn't actually BODYBUILD until about 5 years ago.

There is a BIG difference between the two.

One thing that really frustrates me is seeing women in the gym lifting girlie weights.

I really want to go up to some of them and say, "OMG woman, you move more weight after a major shoe shopping trip, stop waving those dumbells around like you are flower arranging".

Far too many women waste WAY too much time in the gym training ineffectively, and then come to the conclusion that weight training doesn't make any difference.

I move some serious weight now, but when I started, there were some exercises that 4 kg dumbells or one or two plates on the cable machine were a SERIOUS effort.

And that is my point, it is the EFFORT you put in.

Just going through the motions of 3 sets of 12 reps is going to have MINIMAL results.

It doesn't matter if 2 pounds is heavy for you, as long as you are PUSHING yourself and progressively increasing the weight, changing up the number of sets and rep ranges, you will get the shape that you want.

I was really lucky that I found a great training partner when I started to train to compete in BBing, and he PUSHED me to lift more than I thought I could.

There is a mind set to bodybuilding that is often missing for so many people I see training in the gym, it is going to hurt sometimes, but it feels SO good after.

:)
sad part is most trainers will show you the motions and thats it. They never tell you the rest.

Boy, do I ever get that! My first experience with BB was in a gym, trainer did a fitness test, showed me ALL the machines, gave me a list of exercises 15 miles long, a weight for each and turned me loose. I DIDN'T know that I could up the weights, I DIDN'T know that I wasn't supposed to get through the ENTIRE list every day, WITH cardio. I burnt so quick :worried: . . and the real sad part is I could have saved myself from burnout and NINE YEARS of recovery, if I'd known how to do this RIGHT!

My GOD now is Tom Venuto and Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. When I quit getting results . . oh wait, BFFM tells you what to do about plateaus. I'm GOOD! :evil: Although I have to say that it's still 'pink weight' range right now. I'm working on it!

Top Bottom