Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squats

esteveze

Everytime I squat my knees hurt. I could hear them kind of craking.... I do 3x10 at 60lbs. any advise.

Also why do I always get that little envelope when I post instead of the little folder???????

Last edited:
Are your knees going past your toes when you squat? Are you warming up with at least 10 min of cardio before training legs? How wide is your stance when you squat?

i'd get someone (a trainer, or other knowledgable person) to help you with your form... squats shouldn't hurt when done right (unless you have existing problems with your knees or back, which you did not mention.)

as for the envelopes, this is a feature to let you know where you have posted... that way you can easily identify and track the threads that you have posted to...

Actually.. Yes my kness past my toes.. 2) i do not warm up since I do cardio early in morning and weights in my lunch hour..
3)how wide?? about shoulders width..

Last edited:
esteveze said:
Actually.. Yes my kness past my toes.. 2) i do net warm up since I do cardio early in morning and weights in my lunch hour..
3)how wide?? about shoulders width..
You're knees should never go past your toes. That puts alot of added stress on your knees. Phenomena advice was very good. Ask a trainer at your gym to teach you proper form. Stance depends on how well you balance. I use a wider than shoulder stance. It's more comfortable for me.

Poor form will surely MESS YOU UP!!

Find a trainer (that has a body that you would want or one that you SEE is in good shape.....just because they wear the T-SHIRT does not mean that they know JACK SHIT!) and have them help you.

YOUR KNEES SHOULD NEVER GO PAST YOUR TOES - EVER!

That what I did..I asked a trainer at my gym....he said that was ok..and not to do that much weight...because I would became muscular....

Another thing I would like to say is that I have been reading for a while now. I started a week ago to eat "clean " like u guys\girls call it. Oatmeal and egg whites or tuna in morning...lost of chicken and fish..and vegetables...
I spoke with a nutritionist yesterday which was at my work's cafeteria and spoke with her about my new meals. She said that was wrong ..that I only need about one chicken breast a day and lots of carbs....
I have heard so many things.....

Everytime I squat I could hear my knee cracking. The raison: my miniscus is damaged. But I still squat, more than ever! I'm doing powerlifting comp, so I put alot of weight. Make sure that your knees doesn't go inside ­> < when you're squating. (too much pressure on the knees) Also, make sure that you keep your head up, never look at the floor.
Do alot of leg extention to bring your quad stronger. Don't forget to do some warm up (like light leg extention)

LG

esteveze said:
That what I did..I asked a trainer at my gym....he said that was ok..and not to do that much weight...because I would became muscular....

Another thing I would like to say is that I have been reading for a while now. I started a week ago to eat "clean " like u guys\girls call it. Oatmeal and egg whites or tuna in morning...lost of chicken and fish..and vegetables...
I spoke with a nutritionist yesterday which was at my work's cafeteria and spoke with her about my new meals. She said that was wrong ..that I only need about one chicken breast a day and lots of carbs....
I have heard so many things.....
OH MY GOD!! One chicken breast and lots of carbs huh? Sweetheart you need at least one gram of protein per each pound of your bodyweight. That is just to maintain what muscle you have. If you want to gain muscle go one and a half grams per each pound of your bodyweight. Carbs are tricky. Eat alot of fibrous veggies, that will help aid in digestion of your increased protein. If trying to cut, only eat starches in your first couple meals a day. No starches, breads, sugars after 3 pm. Your metabolism is slowing considerably.

Top Bottom