Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squats

Remember, NEVER take advice from someone you don't want to look like! There are exceptions of course. I'm sure you get the picture. By the way WELCOME to the boards.

Thank you for the advise..
I have been eating lots of protein ..but having problems going to the bathroom...
I eat about 4 meals a day..I usually do not eat after 6:00pm I drink lost of water also.
I have notice in my legs..that they feel harder...I mean the muscles themselves feel tighter... In the mirror I really do not see much of a difference..But i think I am in the right track..I guess??

Just because they are a nutritionist doesnt mean SHIT!! Wow, they made it through a little schooling....but does it show??? I personally know someone who has a doctorate? in nutrition and is at least 40#'s overwieght....go figure!

The trainer said 60#'s was tooo much and you would get muscular?? WTF? why would he think you were working out - if you didnt want to get muscular???

esteveze said:
Thank you for the advise..
I have been eating lots of protein ..but having problems going to the bathroom...
I eat about 4 meals a day..I usually do not eat after 6:00pm I drink lost of water also.
I have notice in my legs..that they feel harder...I mean the muscles themselves feel tighter... In the mirror I really do not see much of a difference..But i think I am in the right track..I guess??
Like I said eat your fibrous veggies. They will help go to the bathroom. How often are you eating? Try to put something in your body every 3 hours. After 3 , just protein and you veggies. Eating more often will increase your metabolism. That won't matter if you're not eating clean. It sounds you are on the right path. Don't be afraid to ask questions.:)
Luvs2workout is so right!!!

I eat :
Breakfast at 9:00am-Oatmeal with(eggs or tuna or a fruit)
Lunch at 1:00- Meat(chicken/fish) veggies -sometimes potatoes
Snack at 3:00- tuna with green pepper or roasted red peppers
Dinner 5:30- Meat..w/ veggies

Last edited:
esteveze said:
I eat :
Breakfast at 9:00am-
Lunch at 1:00- Meat(chicken/fish) veggies -sometimes potatoes
Snack at 3:00- tuna with green pepper or roasted red peppers
Dinner 5:30- Meat..w/ veggies
Very good. I personally would add one more high protein and veggie meal about 8 pm. Definetly get your protein up. A little at a time. That way it is easier for your body to adjust to the increased protein.

freak daddy said:
Remember, NEVER take advice from someone you don't want to look like! There are exceptions of course. I'm sure you get the picture. By the way WELCOME to the boards.

That's EXCELLENT advice!

They are the bar with plates on it. Do not know the name of machine.
I will describe it for u
Its like a cage and it has a bar attacht to it and u just add weight with the plates..
I don't know if that is good enough of description.., but u must forgive me..my english is not too good...

One thing to remember when you are talking to someone who deals with or is focused on the general public and not someone coming from the sports context -- they probably have never seen any of the advice of the type that comes from a sports / fitness context. I dont' know for sure, but doesn't the maker of the "Food Pyramid" and the old "4 food groups" recommend ridiculous high carbs?? I wonder if any of this has been adjusted to take into consideration the typical sedentary lifestyle??

Anyway, dont' take advice from people who dont' come from the sports industry. I think you will also get bullshit advice from people who are "weight management counselors" like with Jenny Craig, etc. Most of those organizations dont' include fitness / training as a fundamental part of their programs. And within the sports industry, take advice from people selling stuff (e.g. the GNC guy) with a grain of salt. They are all biased.

You will probably never get the exact same advice from two different trainers or anyone who claims to be an expert in the sports industry either. But the basics should be there. That has been my biggest complaint about trying to educate myself and also to find a trainer to help me with competition. I paid a guy a shitload of money and got screwed and have been spending a year trying to get the extra bodyfat off as a result. So, its pretty obvious to me that its up to me to collect lots of info, cull thru it and pull out what I believe or have proven to myself is best for me.

I know what you mean about cracking knees on squats, and I am also very careful with my form. I might recommend doing some stretching or a little warming up before going into squats. My knees crack when I get up and walk after sitting at my desk for a few hours. But definitely be very careful w/ your knees. Its like getting tendonitis in your elbows -- you don't really notice it until you "need" those joints. Then it can hurt like a BIATCH! And something about those non-obvious, but always nagging pains - they NEVER seem to go away and you can't ever seem to fix them either.

Top Bottom