Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squats, Squats, Squats

girlwonder- you can work them on seperate days don't listen to them. If you have a lagging body part such as your hamstrings this would be an ideal way to bring the lagging body part up. However I would space the days you would train your quads and hams at least 2-3 days. For instance Mon- Quads, calves Tue- chest, tri Wed-off Thurs- Hams, Back Friday- Shoulder, Bi's. Or if you'd like you can come train with me and I'll show you everything that you have questions about;)

I do squats as part of my quad routine and then leq extensions and sometimes leg press as well. Then , on ham day, I often do stiff-legged deads and some seated leg curls or lying down leg curls. I wouldn't want to deads and squats on the same day is one major reason and also splitting it up makes leg day much more tolerable.

joncrane said:

Doing them on different days does not emphasize muscles more. For example doing flyes on day 1, bench on day 2, and cable crossovers on day 3 isn't going to make your chest any bigger than doing them all one one day.

Legs have huge muscles that require long recovery times of 6 days or more. If anything you maybe could split up quads vs. hammies but personally I do them all on the same day.

JC
I'm with you on this one buddy. If you're doing Squats properly you shouldn't be able to train ANY part of your legs till the next week.

I have seen splits of pros who separate quads vs. hammies and for the most part they do them on the same day but in different sessions, like quads morning hams evening.

I am big on doing both sides of a limb the same day, as in bis and tris, quads and hammies. It just feels right. It actually makes the exercises harder though if you have a pump in the antagonist muscle group. But we are not into the ego of doing the most weight possible, we are bodybuilders, right?

JC

Top Bottom