Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat compared to leg press?

I leg press about 3 times what I squat. For tall lifters (im 6'4") the squat tends to hit the lower back very hard which is clearly a weak link for me.

anabolicmd said:

How are the "lumbars" the weakest link? generally, the back is the strongest area. remember the old strongman "back lift" They usexd to lift tons that way. Definitely not a weak link.

Man, most people I know have a VERY weak back. If you see them using it, it's often because the back is too weak to stay in a tight/neutral position while the legs work...that's why people lean and dump forward.

anabolicmd said:

How are the "lumbars" the weakest link? generally, the back is the strongest area. remember the old strongman "back lift" They usexd to lift tons that way. Definitely not a weak link.

the back squat was nothing more than a vertical leg press, just your body moves instead of your legs......... it took the low back out of the movement completely, just like the leg press does.

X

Top Bottom