Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Soy, our enemy?

Benzi

Sup guys. As i was eating a bowl of protein plus, with 16 grams soy protein per serving, my friend asked me why i ws wasting my time. He told me that soy ahad very little benefits to bb's. He said it was substituted precontest only to make muscles look harder, but not ever to hell them grow.
I find this hard to believe because i know that some mrp's contain soy along with whey.
So guys, am i wasting my time with soy?:p

I believe soy is cheaper (vs whey protein) - so many protein supplements contain soy to lower prices.

I do usually stick with whey protein.

Soy Protein is also broken down slower by the body as compared to Whey Protein. So you might tend to be not as hungry after soy as compared to whey

In a general sense you should intake a variety of sources of protein. The benefits are a variety of amino acids as well as rate of digestion being that your goal is to keep your blood saturated all day with amino acids.

Soy is also being toted as a "healthy" protein with heart benfits, etc. Some debate was issued over its ability to increase estrogen in males (as it is used for that reason in post-menopausal females) but other studies show that is not the case.

My advice: consume all types protein..and eat in moderation. Today they say soy is good, tomorrow it causes cancer.

Soy is the work of the devil...it will raise your estrogen.

read proteinfactory's take on soy. personally i agree with them and don't think it will raise estrogen levels, and probobly would be a good idea to take soy with prohormones so that the soy blocks more estrogen receptors.

Soy in small amounts probably won't hurt. Larger intakes WILL increase estrogen and I speak from personal experience...whether it "blocks" estrogen receptors etc. for prohormones is a mute issue for me. Prohormones suck and anything related to their ingestion is pure speculation.

Soy is an excellent protein, given its other benefits of heart health, etc.. A good place to do research on supplement ingredients is www.supplementwatch.com

They also do product reviews..I think Genisoy got a top ranking from them for protein mixes.

Top Bottom