Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sorry to Let You Guys Down

Nelson Montana

Chairman of Board
Chairman Member
Well, I did the NPC tonight. Didn't place. The level of competiton was UN-BELIEVABLE! Seriously -- guys who could have been in the running for the Olympia back in the 80's. The winner was 6'3" 240 and shredded. He could have won the overall. I can't beat that. Three contestants never even came back for the night show. They knew they didn't stand a chance.

Those shows are so stupidly run too. They have the over 55 late in the evening -- following Guest Poser Jay Cutler! Ridiculous. Also, the prejudging was rushed because they were running late. The waiting area was literally toe to toe people. Nowhere to even sit down and we waited for hours. Aushwitz was roomier than this place. At the night show they had us pump up -- then wait -- then pump up again -- then wait in the hallway for 45 minutes before going on. By the time came to step onstage I felt flat and just wanted it over with!

Well, I won't say I deserved to be in the top, though I did prefer my physique to some of the other guys. : ) These days it more about mass and dehydration and how dark you can paint yourself. They now also have a "Male Fitness" division, and honestly, even though most of the guys were in their 20's and 30's I think I would have fared better at that. It was more about aesthetics.

Anyway, I appreciate all the support from everyone here. I just want everyone to know, couldn't have trained any harder or dieted any stricter. I lived it full time day and night every day. I got to where I was in the best shape I've been in years.

I won't be doing this again. I'm not interested in satisfying the judging criteria these days. Also, the gear is so accessible these days. Guys were huge, yet blotched with acne. Ripped, with a big GH gut. Lots of gyno. That ain't me. I'm still old school -- always will be. The idea is to look like a god, not a freak. And I couldn't if I tried. And that's fine. I'm not saying it wouldn't have been nice to place, but I did it. Bad back, bad knees, strained achiles tendon. But I ain't a quitter. So I followed through. It's better to die in battle than to avoid the fight.

But the pepperoni pizza and beer afterwards was AWESOME.

Will post pics soon. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Much respect mate you inspire all of us here .

Mmmmm pizza and beer

Brad.

That's why I don't like the current nature of competitive bodybuilding... Its a shame aesthetcs isn't taken more into consideration.. Let alone overall health...

Congrats getting into great shape though... You've worked hard, enjoy your acomplishment...

Nelson, you look great @59, and that contest is never going to change that. You can't compete with nasty toxic steroid abusing "bodybuilders", it's just not feasible. The state of bodybuilding today is a shame, it makes me sick.

Thanks guys. If this prove sone thing, it's that 40, 50, 60 and even70 doesn't have to mean being"old."

The over 55 is no longer the "Oh, isn't it cute that the old guys are still doing this anymore." These guys are BUILT. When I did the over 40, 14 years ago, not too many guys were still hitting it hard at that age. I was honestly more muscular this time out. Lower body fat and 10 pounds bigger. So in a way, it's inspiring to know that not only can you look good for your age, at any age, you can look GOOD.

You walk the walk of "bodybuilding as a life style" Nelson. I am way more inspired by your honest struggle than any of the stuff I see going on in "professional bodybuilding" these days. Thank you for killing it!

Top Bottom