Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sassy Round 2: Fit for Figure

Thx girls - it means a lot to have a place to unload and also to talk to myself while I"m waiting for not only the situation to change but also see if I can reset my head in a better place.

I'm not the least bit concerned about not going to BA. Other more meaningful things on the horizon.

I'm running out today to check out a couple new gyms that will hopefully have the ambiance I am looking for. I think I will find that at one of them. A couple of our local pro-level athletes train there. Who knows, I might even find some "purpose" there. :)

Had the big meeting yesterday. Good things coming but lots of work as well. And I (being my project mgr type self) see a whole shit load of detail that hasn't even been touched yet. I'm gonna need that gym for a good daily stress relief!

So today I went to check out the 2 gyms I am considering. The first is a new World Gym about 2 miles from my house (no hiways or thick traffic or anything!). It's amazing. All new eqpt, huge gym, spin room, boxing room (no ring, but bags), cardio theater -- not just a bunch of tv's, but rather a bunch of cardio machines lined up w/ each having its own private cable tv screen. The "cardio theater" is a room w/ a bunch of cardio machines and a movie screen where they play movies. Just like sitting in a theater, except its cardio. The guy said they were gonna do scheduled cardio when there were new movie releases. Amazing. There's also a chiropractor / massage place & a Starbucks & smoothie place right next door. The prices go up after New Year's so now's a good time to jump on it. There are a couple trainers who have competed. There were maybe 5 people in there today but I guess more will be coming since they've only been open 2 weeks.

The other gym has been around a long time & is the place you go for 'hardcore'. I know some people who train there & there are national competitors & pros there. The price is about comparable but the facilities really don't touch the World Gym. They are complete but older. Also its not as close to my house. Its probably a good 20 min drive. Could be longer during rush hour. Its also a little bit off the route to the new office.

Dam. This is gonna be a tough decision. I want a gym w/ some "ambiance" and a lot of people - that's my social hour dammit. But not far away. Its hard enough getting around in ATL. Who wants to go to the gym when its a 30 min drive??

I decided to go relax my brain w/ another movie. I *HIGHLY* recommend "The Family Stone" is you want a good xmas show. Its not too much of a chick flick, but its good. Then I snuck into Narnia. That was good too. :)

So, the decision is on the table. Waiting to see about the price I can get for the hardcore place ( I know a guy w/ connections...)

owwww Miss Sassy pants I like the sounds of that first gym, the cardio theater would be the thing that would have me sold. lol I think I would be able to stay all day, instead of fight myself for 15 minutes :lmao:

Good luck with your decision!

Thx girl. Its gonna be a tough one. I've been in 3 gyms now that just have no sense of fun since I've been in ATL. But damn that's a nice gym.

That first gym sounds mega nice. I have never heard of the cardio theatre concept before...but that's pretty nifty!

It's going to be a tough decision. In the past, I always went with the social gym but this past year, I signed up with a smaller, family-owned one and really like it. Everyone knows my name and I'm very comfortable there. It's like Cheers! :) I also feel accountable when I don't go because I know people notice and ask me where I was.

ps - thanks for the Family Stone recommendation. I'm now going to try to catch it this week.

Wow Sassy - it'll be hard to beat that first gym! Anything that can help get you through cardio has got to be worth it. :)

Its gonna be a hard one because my gym is my social place. I'll be working from home for a couple months & even once we get the new office set up, its a very small group of people and I will still be fairly autononous. I really hate being in a new city. So hard to get to know people on more than a "just passing thru" basis. I've been doing that for at least 2 yrs since I've move around so much and done travel-based work.

But I'm also looking for serious lifters because I am not learnign any new stuff. I don't care to train just by myself in a big empty gym and I'm not interested in paying some trainer a crapload of money to count my reps. I want to be around serious competition people. But at the same time, if I have to go a long way to get to the gym & sit in traffic, its going to be a pain getting there.

Blah. But we'll see. :)

Hey sassy,

Good luck w/ picking the gym!! i wonder if there's a 24 hr gym around here! wow! Great idea considering that i work out late sometimes!

I was reading something about a website/avi on your thread here but somehow I keep missing (?) the link?? Do you have a website w/ photos etc?? You train sooo hard I'd love to see more photos of you for motivation!!! ;-)

Top Bottom