Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Russian powerlifting techniques...

Has anyone ever heard of Pavel Tsatsouline and any of his four books?? I just read his "Power to the People" book and don't know what to think. His advice appears to be flawless, even though very unconventional, but so is the case with so many other bogus sources. He also reveals that he used to be a Russian Special Forces Trainer. He sells his books through www.dragondoor.com.

I'm 18, 6', 147, and VERY WEAK. I want to primarily become stronger using the most efficient means possible without any supplementation. I'm assuming the muscle mass will automatically follow. Can powerlifting, let alone working out, benefit just about anyone??? I used to be a lean 155 @ 5'10" with a reasonable amount of strength, but after a couple of brutal eating and exercising disorders, I can't seem to gain back any of my strength or muscle. I don't have a problem putting on weight, but none of it is muscle, and it really bothers me to put on anything besides muscle. Do you think aforementioned situations endured during pivotal developmental stages could have compromised my body's ability to put on muscle??? To give you an idea of the degree of stress I inflicted on my body: I went from 155 to 125 in like two months during my sophomore year. Then I went from 145 to 160 in a matter of a month during my junior year. Ever since, every attempt i've made to put on more muscle has resulted in failure. Are there certain people who just weren't meant to lift weights??? I'm a really obsessive person and just want to gain some back before I get much older. I'm going to be a freshman in college this upcoming year. Didn't mean to reveal life story, Sorry.

Keep it simple stupid....no offense its a saying. Seems like you are out thinking yourself. Go to ...

http://www.elitefitnesssystems.com

Read everything there. Then if you have quesitons come back and ask some of the guys that use the Westside system like myself and 1-Dawg. Good Luck!

Strength and Honor

Thanx

I appreciate the suggestion. I checked the site out but am still not convinced everyone can benefit from lifting. You got to think with the diversity of physiological adaptations and such that some people would glean more detriment than benefit from power lifting or lifting weights in general.

:confused:

To answer your question, no your eating disorder did not occur in a pivotal development stage that is keeping you from getting stronger now. If your training and your diet isn't making you bigger, then change them instead of blaming it on a traumatic experience you had in high school. Read all the articles on www.elitefts.com, buy some whey isolate protein, and get in the gym, and you will get strong as hell.

The core lifts are the best thing for people to build strength and mass. You need to lift consistently and EAT consistently. You cannot gain weight without eating. To become a monster takes more than little changes. It takes entire lifestyle changes. If you want it you can do it, you just need to be consistent, persistent, and willing to change.

Good Luck.

Do you really think that lifting will not benefit everyone in some way? Come on, like the guy said, shut up and quit feeling sorry for yourself. Then when you have gotten over that, start lifting, then learn to become consistent with it, then get your ass on the platform.

I kind of know where you're coming from. A little over two years ago, when I started lifting I was 6'4" and 185 lbs. Now I weigh almost 290 and my bodyfat's down to 13%. The main thing is to stick with all basics. Bench and incline, overhead db presses, deadlifts, bb rows, cleans, shrugs, squats, leg presses, and everyonce in a while throw in some curls and close-grip benches. Eat everything you see, if you lift good and hard you will gain mostly muscle. Of course I've had chemical assistance off and on for the past year, but that is more of a personal decision. Educate yourself by reading mags, books, and websites, but always lift heavy and basic.

Top Bottom