Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recommendations for a workout appreciated...

azul

MVP
EF VIP
Back, leg, chest/shoulder, arms split

Here's what I have now:

Pullup 5*5
T-Row 5*5
Cable Row 5*5
Shrug 5*5

Squat 5*5
Hamstring Curl 6*5
Leg Press 3*5
Calf Raise 6*5

Bench Press 5*5
Shoulder Press 5*5
DB Bench 5*5
Upright Row 5*5
Cable Pully 5*5

Deadlift 5*5
Chinup 5*5
Close Bench 5*5
DB Bicep Curl 5*5
Dip 5*5

One day break, rinse and repeat. :nighty: :RADAR

Tough? Yes. Lots of exercises and heavy weights. Can I do it? Hell yeah! :kaioken:

What do you think? Anything that you would change?

Most posts tend to focus on which exercises or which days of the week to break a split into but probably the most important factor as long as the rest is reasonable is the regulation of volume and intensity over a training cycle. For an experienced lifter it's just not enough to go to the gym, lift weights, and work hard even if the exercise selection and the frequency/split is very good. Progress is not made workout to workout but as a result of blocks of training. There are some good explanations in Post #13 of this thread that deal with arranging training blocks into loading/deloading and how to regulate properly - each of the links in that post is worth reading although they all cover the same topic: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375215

Otherwise I'd get rid of the Tbar and cable row which are largely duplicative anyway (although Tbar is way better) and just to basic barbell rows which tend to be a lot most stimulative. Post #14 from above has a link with 2 variations of rows in them, the most effective being the one towards the very end of page 1. You might also check out the power shrug link also in Post #14 of the thread above.

If you can pare down some more of the assistance work you can increase frequency more on the core lifts which will drive more progress, but it's really important to have a planned training cycle and I can't stress that enough.

I'd change it to Push Pull Legs instead of the breakup you have
also I'd have more then 1 out of 5 days dedicated to rest
I'd lift 3x a week on that type of program
I like keeping the reps at 5 tho

Top Bottom