Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recipe Thread!!

jenscats5 said:
^^ Note: I found the above listed PB @ Trader Joe's - according to Hungry Girl, it's NOT regular PB so it may taste "off" as it's only 100 cals per 2 tblsp, which makes it better for recipes than eating alone.....
Actually it doesn't taste all that bad... but it doesn't have any of the "healthy" fats in it that regular ANPB does...

sbt2082 said:
Actually it doesn't taste all that bad... but it doesn't have any of the "healthy" fats in it that regular ANPB does...
It's actually not "clean" like ANPB. Hungrygirl has some great ideas but she is also weight-watchers based, so she is more concerned with points (calories) than how processed the foods are. I'd say just go with ANPB in the recipe and it will be just as good, if not better!! :chomp:

Lite Cream of Mushroom Soup

4 mushrooms
1 ounce cottage cheese
1 bouillon cube, chicken
1 cup water
1 slice low-calorie bread (40 calories per slice)

Boil water and add the boullion cube. Stir to dissolve.
Pour into a food processor and drop in the slice of bread.
Add cottage cheese and blend until the mixture is liquid.
Add 3 mushrooms one at a time until the mixture is well blended.
Pour into a microwave safe bowl. Chop the fourth mushroom and add.
Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Vent and stir. Microwave again 1 minute making sure that lid is vented. Enjoy right away!

This sounds a little bizarre, but got very good reviews - apparently comes out very moist, rich & chocolate-like.

CHOCOLATE BEAN BROWNIES

Makes 8

1 can rinsed and drained black beans (1½ cups beans)
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons canola oil
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon instant coffee powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
½ cup Splenda

Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Prepare an 8 x 8" cake pan.

Mix ingredients together in food processor until pureed. Pour into cake pan. Bake about 30-40 minutes, or until done.

Serve cold.

Nutritional info:
Calories: 133
Carbs: 10.8g
Protein: 6.2g
Fat: 8.1g

I've been experimenting a lot with protein bar recipes... so far here's my favorite one:

Cinnamon Raisin Bars
* 1.5 c Oats
* 12 Egg whites
* 1.5 c Cottage Cheese, Nonfat
* .25c Splenda
* 4T Cinnamon, ground
* 2 scoops Genisoy Unflavored Soy Protein Powder (<-- I only use this because I can buy it at Wal-Mart :FRlol: )
* .5c Raisins

Preheat oven 350*

Throw all of the ingredients except for the raisins in a blender. Blend until smooth. Spray rectangle pan with cooking spray, and pour mixture into pan. Sprinkle raisins evenly over mixture. Bake for approximately 35 minutes.

Makes 12 bars

Nutrition Information
Calories: 158.6
Fat: 1.6 g
Carbohydrates: 22.3g
Protein: 14.2g

As promised – popping in to post this recipe from our final pot luck @ work:

BTW - I am *not* sitting at home zombie-like in front of the computer. I am at the library, checking out a book that's only in hardcover & I won't buy it yet... :p

Cinnamon-Glazed Sweet Potato and Apple Bake

Layers of deep-orange sweet potatoes, golden butternut squash, crunchy pecans and tender, crisp apples come alive with the flavors of vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg for the perfect side that's sure to become a new holiday tradition.

Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Makes about 12 (2/3-cup) servings.

Ingredients:
2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed
2/3 cup packed Splenda brown sugar mix, divided
3 eggs, beaten
6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Saigon Cinnamon, divided
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced

Directions:
1. Cook sweet potatoes in water in large saucepan about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Meanwhile, cook squash in another saucepan about 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix 1/3 cup brown sugar, eggs, 2 tablespoons butter, vanilla, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Reserve 1/4 cup mixture for squash.
3. Puree sweet potatoes with remaining egg mixture in food processor until smooth. Spread in greased 13x9-inch baking dish or 3-quart casserole. Top with pecans.
4. Puree squash with reserved 1/4 cup egg mixture in food processor until smooth. Spread over pecan layer. Arrange apple slices on top of squash layer. Mix 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples. Drizzle 4 tablespoons melted butter over top.
5. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

WoNderWoMan25 said:
As promised – popping in to post this recipe from our final pot luck @ work:

BTW - I am *not* sitting at home zombie-like in front of the computer. I am at the library, checking out a book that's only in hardcover & I won't buy it yet... :p

Cinnamon-Glazed Sweet Potato and Apple Bake

Layers of deep-orange sweet potatoes, golden butternut squash, crunchy pecans and tender, crisp apples come alive with the flavors of vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg for the perfect side that's sure to become a new holiday tradition.

Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Makes about 12 (2/3-cup) servings.

Ingredients:
2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed
2/3 cup packed Splenda brown sugar mix, divided
3 eggs, beaten
6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Saigon Cinnamon, divided
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced

Directions:
1. Cook sweet potatoes in water in large saucepan about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Meanwhile, cook squash in another saucepan about 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix 1/3 cup brown sugar, eggs, 2 tablespoons butter, vanilla, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Reserve 1/4 cup mixture for squash.
3. Puree sweet potatoes with remaining egg mixture in food processor until smooth. Spread in greased 13x9-inch baking dish or 3-quart casserole. Top with pecans.
4. Puree squash with reserved 1/4 cup egg mixture in food processor until smooth. Spread over pecan layer. Arrange apple slices on top of squash layer. Mix 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples. Drizzle 4 tablespoons melted butter over top.
5. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

OMG that sounds good!! :p

HELP!!! Low calorie gingersnap recipe needed...

I'm hoping the Great Jenscat or anyone can help me figure out a LOW CALORIE flourless( if possible) ginger snap recipe to help suffice that crunchy ginger craving that hits me every hoilday season..
Thank you

Re: HELP!!! Low calorie gingersnap recipe needed...

~Enuf~ said:
I'm hoping the Great Jenscat or anyone can help me figure out a LOW CALORIE flourless( if possible) ginger snap recipe to help suffice that crunchy ginger craving that hits me every hoilday season..
Thank you

Hmmmmmmmmm.......... :chomp:

Re: HELP!!! Low calorie gingersnap recipe needed...

~Enuf~ said:
Thank you

So far, I haven't been able to find any flourless gingersnap recipes......

Top Bottom